MrWizyrd is offline Junior Member

energy before martial arts

I do cardio 6 days a week, weight lift 4 days a week, but I still manage to get worn out more when I go to my martial arts classes. My normal diet is:

Meal 1 (breakfast) - 4-6 egg whites
    Meal 2 (1.5-2 hours later) - Protein shake, or protein bar
    Meal 3 (lunch) - Lean meat, 1 cup brown rice
    Meal 4 (1.5-2 hours later) - Meal Replacement Shake, or meal replacement bar
    Meal 5 (Post workout) - Protein shake (40-60g), 50g Dextrose, 50g Maltodextrin
    Meal 6 (1.5-2 hours later) - Lean meat

On the days I have martial arts, it takes place after meal 4(about 2-3 hours after).. Should I replace that meal on those days with a high carb meal, or should I just drink an energy drink or something 30-45 min before I go?

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWizyrd
    I do cardio 6 days a week, weight lift 4 days a week, but I still manage to get worn out more when I go to my martial arts classes. My normal diet is:

Meal 1 (breakfast) - 4-6 egg whites
    Meal 2 (1.5-2 hours later) - Protein shake, or protein bar
    Meal 3 (lunch) - Lean meat, 1 cup brown rice
    Meal 4 (1.5-2 hours later) - Meal Replacement Shake, or meal replacement bar
    Meal 5 (Post workout) - Protein shake (40-60g), 50g Dextrose, 50g Maltodextrin
    Meal 6 (1.5-2 hours later) - Lean meat

On the days I have martial arts, it takes place after meal 4(about 2-3 hours after).. Should I replace that meal on those days with a high carb meal, or should I just drink an energy drink or something 30-45 min before I go?
    Bro you’ll be better of in the diet forum.

as for that diet, its terrible, all over the place, don’t know where to start...

where are the fats? you need to eat more real food ect, ect,

Cardio 6 days a week with that diet, I would waste away, and no cabs at breakfast? the reason its called breafast is because you braking your fast, I.e. you haven’t eaten for 6-8 hours its time for some carbs bro….
    Last edited by S.P.G; 12-01-2005 at 01:45 PM.

How is it all over the place? I created that diet almost directly from the "Cutting Diet" sticky.. the only thing I switched is the carb/pro meal with the fat/pro meal, because I feel that works better for me(I have tried both).. And this is a question on getting some energy pre workout, not spicifically about diet.. I only posted that for reference, and I was under the impression that the cutting sticky was a good diet reference, and not terrible?

New Question: How do you guys get a good boost of energy before high intensity cardio?

In all honesty, this thread can belong to either the Supplement, Diet, or Workout forums.. but instead of posting it in both I posted it here because it was receiving the highest amount of traffic from the 3, and I wanted some feedback because I have my class tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWizyrd
    almost directly from the "Cutting Diet" sticky
    ok that’s not even close to the cutting sticky

The cutting stick turns over about 300 grams of protein a day, looking at yours theirs about 180 tops, that’s ok for the average person but not someone as active as your self..

The cutting sticky also incorporates carbohydrates in the first meal of the day, and has adequate E.F.A, flax, omega 3 ect,
    Also there is only one protein shake in the cutting sticky where’s you have 3-4
    Last edited by S.P.G; 12-01-2005 at 01:58 PM.

anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    ok that’s is no ever close to the cutting sticky

Again, it was a quick type up for referential purposes. I put it up so someone could possibly help, I did not put a detailed diet on there.. Like it shows: Pro, Pro, Pro/Carb, Pro/Fat, Pro/Carb, Pro/Fat

Flexor is offline Banned
    Well I don't know a lot about diet, but SPG is a qualified fitness instructor and he knows his dietary shit. Perhaps changing your diet to fit your highly active and intense lifestyle (you are more active than probably 90% of people that workout!) will give you that extra base level of energy that you need before doing high intensity cardio...gd luck bro

Thanks flexor, I will look over my diet again. But I cut it down recently so I could cut up a bit, usually it is a higher carb diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Well I don't know a lot about diet, but SPG is a qualified fitness instructor and he knows his dietary shit. Perhaps changing your diet to fit your highly active and intense lifestyle (you are more active than probably 90% of people that workout!) will give you that extra base level of energy that you need before doing high intensity cardio...gd luck bro

Flexor is offline Banned
    S.P.G wrote:

that’s

where’s

Dude, this is a weird question I know, but where are you are getting those weird apostrophies from? I had to remove the quote because it made them italic...

All I can manage is:

that's

where's

Last edited by Flexor; 12-01-2005 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    S.P.G wrote:

that’s

where’s

Dude, this is a weird question I know, but where are you are getting those weird apostrophies from? I had to remove the quote because it made them italic...

All I can manage is:

that's

where's

your right that is a weird question lol

your right that is a weird question lol

Thread Information