Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

HIT training, And what the pros say

I just got back from the bookstore, hadda pick something up, and i browsed threw a few of the training books. 1 was written bye a few strength coaches, one was written bye a doctor, and one was written bye a fitness model. Well ne way they all hada 1 thing in common, HIT TRAINNING AS THE STAPLE!!! they all said tht for size/strength gains, HIT is the way to go. Train a body bart 2 OR EVEN 3 times a week, AT FULL INTENSITY,and this will give u the best results. I know alot of people on here love the once a week method, including some mods and well respected people on the board, but it just seems every where i look HIT seems to be what people say r the best, ne thoughts on this??

Also i am very intrested in this because i am trying to bulk right now, n wanna get the best workout possible. The one thing i will do is stop lifting for strength n do a set of like 1 or 2, it doesnt stimulate ur muscle for growth at all, i think im gonna stick to 4 THE ASOLUTE LOWEST, but try to stay in the range of 6-12, then once in a while throw up the big weight to change it up

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    give it a try.. i' have.. on and off cycle.. can you say over training?? good luck though
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

RedBaron38 is offline Junior Member
    Most of my routines (I'd say all of them, unless I'm cutting up), follow a hit routine style. I would train hard the first day of the week and then give my muscles a 2 day break and then hit them again just as hard as I did the first day. This is the only way I see progression in my lifting and has proven to work for me. Most people on this board say I overtrain, but again it's where I see the most results, both in gaining LBM and strength. I'd say give it a shot if you feel up to it. Here's how my routine would look like on even given week:

Monday: Leg's/calves
    Tuesday: Chest/tri's
    Wed: Back/bi's/abs
    Thur: Leg's/calves
    Fri:Chest/tri's
    Sat: Back/bi's/abs

It seems like a lot but like I said it works for me, and it may not for others. I did try training each body part one day a week and felt weak and just uncomfortable with the whole idea. I give this type of training (HIT) 2 thumbs up, and if you are cycling then I wouldn't train without it. Heck you recover much faster while cycling so might as well as have a routine that will just get you bigger, faster. I know I may be flammed for this but hey I wouldn't train any other way.

D9S0M is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron38
    Most of my routines (I'd say all of them, unless I'm cutting up), follow a hit routine style. I would train hard the first day of the week and then give my muscles a 2 day break and then hit them again just as hard as I did the first day. This is the only way I see progression in my lifting and has proven to work for me. Most people on this board say I overtrain, but again it's where I see the most results, both in gaining LBM and strength. I'd say give it a shot if you feel up to it. Here's how my routine would look like on even given week:

It seems like a lot but like I said it works for me, and it may not for others. I did try training each body part one day a week and felt weak and just uncomfortable with the whole idea. I give this type of training (HIT) 2 thumbs up, and if you are cycling then I wouldn't train without it. Heck you recover much faster while cycling so might as well as have a routine that will just get you bigger, faster. I know I may be flammed for this but hey I wouldn't train any other way.
    Whats Your Rep Scheme like?

operationgetbig is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron38

shoulders?

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    When I do legs on Mondays, they are sore until Friday. Additionally, it's the same for the rest of my body (even biceps). My body needs about a week to recover properly. Also, I believe CNS recovery is also essential for growth.

I had done HIT training for years and ended up overtraining. I then switched to my present routine and am growing like a weed.

Still, everybody is different and must do by trial and error.

I think this proves the pint u have to change your routine, no matter what

RedBaron38 is offline Junior Member
    Operationgetbig: my bad, forgot to put shoulders in with my leg day's. I knew something was missing after I posted it. As for D9S0M, did you want my entire work out? 'cause reps and sets are all different. It's not like a 5x5 routine or a 4x8. Each muscle group has a different approach to it thus they are all different.

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member
    you are over training your cns, do u still get strenght gains. maybe everyone is different

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    The majority of my 8 years training was similar to the HIT directive... Truthfully, i made the best gains of my life training everything twice per week

The only reason why i train once per week is because:

1. I'm a full-time student now, so i don't have the time.
    2. I'm a full-time student now so i don't have the cash to eat the amounts that went hand in hand with this type of training.

Still... It would be my preference to return to that style of training...Maybe at the end of my degree programme.

My previous split:

Day 1: Legs; Chest; Triceps
    Day 2: Shoulder; Back; Biceps
    Day 3: Rest
    Day 4: Legs; Chest; Triceps
    Day 5: Shoulder; Back; Biceps
    Day 6: Rest
    Day 7: Rest

Exercises: (offseason)

Session 1: Squats; Leg-curls; seated calf-raise; Bench press; Throat Prone; Dumbell fly; Tricep Pressdown

Session 2: Barbell Press in front; Behind the neck press; Upright Row; Chins; Low Pulley Row; Lat-Machine Pulldowns; Barbell Curl.

Exercises: (precontest)

Session 1: Squats; Leg-extensions; Leg-curls superset with straight leg deadlifts; seated calf-raise; Bench press; Throat Prone; Dumbell fly; Tricep Pressdown; Overhead dumbell extension.

Session 2: Barbell Press in front; Behind the neck press; Upright Row; Lateral Raise; Chins (in front and behind); Pulley Row; hyperextensions; Barbell Curl; preacher curl.

Precontest, each session would be followed by cardio...which in turn was followed by posing practice. In addition...cardio and posing was done on off days.

It worked hella good for me personally...and the slew of other bodybuilders under my coach's tutelage. One such bodybuilder is recent IFBB pro Lyndon Belgrave.

Sidenote: i wasn't on gear... so gains can't be attributed to chemical assistance.

Lydon Belgrave:

That must speak volumes to the value of squatting twice per week...

RIGHT ON BROTHA!!!! i see the greatest gains, in strength atleast, from working out twice per week, from the months of may to august i go with the one bodypart only because i cant work out on weekends during the summer, and with that splt i can do one muscle in about 30 mins, then do 40 mins of cardio n be out of the gym in an hour, instead of only doing cardio tue,thurs sat when i would lift on on wed fri

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ...I've started using GVT on a short-term basis...my old body is too tired for long-term GVT ...
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Lydon Belgrave:

That must speak volumes to the value of squatting twice per week...
    Nark, just for a second I thought that was you! I was like shit, he's grown quickly!

Conkies is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapakilla
    you are over training your cns, do u still get strenght gains. maybe everyone is different
    why would you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Nark, just for a second I thought that was you! I was like shit, he's grown quickly!

There actually are similarities between his physique and my own.

That's actually a look similar to what i'm working towards

its quite a look, hey nark what u think about my workout?

Thread Information