Romeoguy62 is offline Associate Member

Leg bulk questions

Leg day is tomorrow. I do squat, ham curls and leg extensions. All are 3 sets of 10. Do I need to add anything to this? Thanks!

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    those are the basics for legs right there. but i would always make new goals. if you're sore as hell from that workout then you're doing the trick for the moment. i try to go a little heavier or go at least one more rep then my previous workout - that's how you grow and get stronger. there are many, many leg excersises that you should explore. i also switch up my routine every three months or so and pick up new excersises. it works well.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Id save the leg extensions for warmups trust me. Stick to heavy ass squats and throw in leg presses. I like to so some lunges to finish up. Most people will tell you to switch up your rep scheme like 4x10 to 4x6 and such, every 6-8 weeks but I like to change mine around 4 to keep my body shocked. Try this for now

warm-up:
    ride a stationary bike for a few mins to get the blood flowing
    leg extensions/leg curls supersetted 3x10

squats 3x10 heavy weight lower yourself down at a nice slow pace and try not to lock your legs at the top to keep the tension on the quads
    leg presses 3x15
    leg curls 4x10 or stiff legged dead press 3x10

Don't forget to blast your claves hit up some standing, seated and leg press calf raises. 3x15

stretch afterwards and If you did everything to the fullest you should have a hard time getting out of the gym.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeoguy62
    Leg day is tomorrow. I do squat, ham curls and leg extensions. All are 3 sets of 10. Do I need to add anything to this? Thanks!
    I would do 3 sets of leg presses after squats.

Romeoguy62 is offline Associate Member
    Whats the different area of focus between squats and leg presses? Is there any or is it just good to get a different isolation and additional reps in?

Zapp is offline Banned
    There's not a big difference I don't think. Just about every article I have read on the pro's leg routines have leg presses involved after squats. It works for me.

Thread Information