Papi93 is offline AR VET

Seated Power Cleans

I haven't seen a seated power clean done in some time. Is this how to perform the exercise properly? Lean forward to about a 45 degree trunk angle. With your back extensors (maintain neutral spinal alignment), explode the DB's up and rack them on your shoulders. I'm speaking of the concentric movement-only. Thanks for your input!

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    I wasn't even aware you could do a power clean seated. Doesn't that really go against the entire reason for doing a power clean?

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    lol man thats the laziest thing ive ever heard of

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    It's an exercise recommended by strength coach Joe DeFranco. Here's a link http://www.*************/readTopic.do?id=459321

It's a modified Westside program for hardgainers.

I couldn't get the link to work for some reason, so go to www.defrancostraining.com

Go under the articles section and look for Westside for Skinny Bastards.
    Last edited by Papi93; 12-07-2005 at 04:41 PM.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN
    lol man thats the laziest thing ive ever heard of
    That's an ignorant statement, bro. Check out the link.

sputnik is offline Banned
    Papi, i do seriously recommend u stick to power cleans as they're meant to be done to get the full benefits. i really don't see the point of doing seated cleans.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik
    Papi, i do seriously recommend u stick to power cleans as they're meant to be done to get the full benefits. i really don't see the point of doing seated cleans.
    I wasn't going to put them on leg day. They were going to be placed on back day (for working the upper back). Did you check out that link?

I'm one of those that isn't too concerned when u fit in most lifts, as every training day for me is full body and always has been. As to where u put cleans, it doesn't matter where as long as they are before squats and the like. Given cleans are a technical lift, you don't want to be wiped out by the time u get to them.

Yeah i had a read, but i saw no detail on them. All I saw was them listed as seated dumbbell power cleans? Nevertheless, just stick to cleans as they were meant to be. No need to play with a time tested lift.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik
    I'm one of those that isn't too concerned when u fit in most lifts, as every training day for me is full body and always has been. As to where u put cleans, it doesn't matter where as long as they are before squats and the like. Given cleans are a technical lift, you don't want to be wiped out by the time u get to them.

Yeah i had a read, but i saw no detail on them. All I saw was them listed as seated dumbbell power cleans? Nevertheless, just stick to cleans as they were meant to be. No need to play with a time tested lift.
    He didn't give an explanation as to how they are performed. I have a basic idea but was looking to see if anyone else had experience with them.

i think you will be hard pressed to find anyone. As it it, there's not even a lot of ppl that even do power cleans, too interested in curls, tricep kickbacks blah blah blah

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    here's all i could find:

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/?qid=4109&tid=51

man is this old fart a jackass. one of the least helpful responses i've yet heard. the fact that he'd advise someone one how to perform a clean by saying "clean it" just suggests to me that he has absolutely no idea wat goes into properly executing a clean.

http://davedraper.com/forum/showflat...325/Main/97701

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    sounds like it shares a name with power cleans more than that much in common. i think you are going to have to use your bi's when you clean it, and that this would work you rotator cuffs alot.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    here's all i could find:

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/?qid=4109&tid=51

man is this old fart a jackass. one of the least helpful responses i've yet heard. the fact that he'd advise someone one how to perform a clean by saying "clean it" just suggests to me that he has absolutely no idea wat goes into properly executing a clean.

http://davedraper.com/forum/showflat...325/Main/97701
    The exercise on elitefts.com looks like what they also call a Cuban Press or Modified Cuban Press (John Davies, etc.). Thanks for the link. I've read quite a few articles by Dave Tate.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    sounds like it shares a name with power cleans more than that much in common. i think you are going to have to use your bi's when you clean it, and that this would work you rotator cuffs alot.
    Excellent external rotator cuff exercise! I have done these before.

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    ok...forget about the seated d.b. cleans can someone explain in detail a powerclean or show me a link to a website with a video showing a demenstration of the powerclean as I've recently been told by a friend that said I'm doing it wrong and that I'm muscling it up but couldn't really show me proper form so as I could understand properly...ty

Thread Information