Thread: BLASTING Chest

vein-x is offline Associate Member

BLASTING Chest

For the past couple weeks, my chest workouts haven't been hitting too hard. Everything else will feel good, but it seems like I've lost that pump in the chest.

I was wondering if anyone here has any "ultimate chest blaster" techniques to push me over this plateau? I'm going to hit it again today, and STARTING with some solid cable flyes/curls. I'm hoping to preload, then exhaust with moderate bench and then on to chest presses. Still, I'm not 100% certain even that will do the trick. What movements do you run for your chest? Use any machines? What free-weight chest workouts do you run?

What do you usually run on chest day? How many sets, reps and most importantly: Do you do SLOOW reps, where the negitive is 3-5 seconds... do you do extremely fast reps, where you blast through the rep as fast as possible... moderate pace? I'm headin to the gym in around an hour, so I'm hoping to get at least a couple replies by then.

mr amp is offline Associate Member
    if ur bulking then stay with heavy comound movements and low reps 12 2 4 i do .keep al exercises and reps at a steady speed

ThePump is offline Member
    my guess is is that swole has got a bomb ass chest workout somewhere around here. do a search, he knows his shat

Flexor is offline Banned
    I wouldn't recommend any use of cables unless you are purely using them for warming up.

Your chest doesn't need to burn for it to grow. Reps should be slow lowering for about 3 seconds, then exploding powerfully at the bottom of the rep and slowly towards the top again. 8-10 reps is probably best.

Just the usual chest exercises, including dips should help you out. For the past week I have been pushing the use of the guillotine for a final pump and burn, and it works well in place of flies and incline. Try it out when thoroughly warm at about 60% your usual weight, most importantly YOU MUST LOWER and RAISE SLOWLY to either the neck or below it, anywhere between 2 inches above the nipples to the neck will do. If this doesn't hurt your shoulders you may find this useful even though its not a heavy mass exercise I have found it to be very good.

Also you can use heavy negatives to push through a plateau...with dbs

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    You plateau could be because your doing the same thing, even if it's a sound approach to working out. You can try upping the wattage of your workout. but added intensity is only part of the exercise equation. Shock training can help you get beyond a plateau.

Shocking the system may be nothing more than replacing the bench press with flies, or supper seting at some point during your workout.

Use shocking methods to your advantage one at a time, as there are many to choose from.

RedBaron38 is offline Junior Member
    Hey try this for 6 weeks and then go back to your normal workout routine. A buddy of mine at the gym gave me this when I plateaued and it helped a TON.
    Warm up with flies (flat bench): 2 sets of 12,10
    Dips ( I mean true dips for chest and not tri's, so keep your chin to your chest and feet out in front of you): 3 sets of 10, w/ 30sec break intervals. (add weight if needed, do only 10, no more, no less)
    Bench (flat w/barbell): 3 sets of 8
    Incline bench( w/ dumbbells): 2 sets of 8
    End with Cables: 1 set of 15-25 (basically it's a burn out, so do as many as your can with perfect form. I personnally prefer the Iron-cross stance as that worked my chest the most)

Do this for 6 weeks and watch the weight just go up up and away!!! I went form benching 275 for 2 sets of 8 to 315 for 2 sets of 8.

oh yeah and not only will this increase strength, but it will also increase size too, so don't worry if you get any comments from girls saying your boobs are bigger than theres.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Basically what SPG said. Shocking your system is the way to go for plateaus.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron38
    oh yeah and not only will this increase strength, but it will also increase size too, so don't worry if you get any comments from girls saying your boobs are bigger than theres.
    sounds good......

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Shocking your system is the way to go for plateaus.
    agreed.

Another great thing about that routine is that it's SHORT!!! I spent maybe 20-25min tops on that routine alone, so if you add a tri or a shoulder routine, it's a great combo and you are out of the gym in 40-45 min with a great feeling that you accomplished something.

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    I dunno, my on cycle chest work out is as fallows

straight bar flat bench warm up 50 reps

3 sets 12/15 flat dumbell press
    3 sets 12/15 incline dumbell press
    3 sets 12/15 dumbell decline press
    3 sets 12/15 dumbell flys
    3 sets to faliure 75% max weight hammer strength flat bench
    3 sets to failure smith machine incline 50% weight
    3 sets to failure machine Flys or cable flys.

sometimes ill add a few other things in. im sure ill hear over training.. but this is what works and worked for me... might not work for you... i got to 565 with no shirt 2x using this workout.. hope this helps.

did you find a good workout?

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    I dunno, my on cycle chest work out is as fallows

straight bar flat bench warm up 50 reps

3 sets 12/15 flat dumbell press
    3 sets 12/15 incline dumbell press
    3 sets 12/15 dumbell decline press
    3 sets 12/15 dumbell flys
    3 sets to faliure 75% max weight hammer strength flat bench
    3 sets to failure smith machine incline 50% weight
    3 sets to failure machine Flys or cable flys.

sometimes ill add a few other things in. im sure ill hear over training.. but this is what works and worked for me... might not work for you... i got to 565 with no shirt 2x using this workout.. hope this helps.
    sounds like you've got gifted genetics...because that workout wouldn't suit many people. All that failure and higher reps must produce so much lactic and surely you get muscle pulls. You must shake like a leaf afterwards.

Still its worked for you

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    sounds like you've got gifted genetics
    Either that or his superman

naw it really isnt that bad. I just found with myself that this workout stimulates growth. I never feel like i could have worked harder on the muscles. I of course change it up. But this one is my fail safe. You wanted a chest blast this is mine.

Thread Information