SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member

2 Week Break for Recuperation

Stats: 21-191lbs@13% 6'0 Started at around 145lbs (ectomorph in the worst way)

Cycle Experience: None - Planned cycle: 1-12 Test E 500mg/1-4 Dbol 30mg (proper PCT) possibly next year

I been working out for about 5 years and researching on this board for about two years. Still not ready for a cycle yet. I think most experienced lifters know that a 2 week break after a 12 week workout regime is necessary for recuperation. However, I think this aspect is highly overlooked. I wanted to know if a 2 week break would be necessary or beneficial if you were on a 12 week cycle of Test E and Dbol? Should the 2 week break come in after the cycle or after the PCT? I' m thinking this would help with help with the highly catabolic state that your body enters when you come off.

sorel_C is offline Member
    this is something i have been wondering as well???????
    BUMP!!

Flexor is offline Banned
    Sorry dude I don't have the answer, but I will say that the steroid forum gets about ten times the amount of visitors as this forum does so you may get your question answered better there. So if you havn't posted it there, give it a try and good luck.

Is there anyway to move it there? I'm not to familiar with posting I usually only use the search button.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    This is a tricky one. The last thing you want to do is take 2 weeks of just as you have finished a cycle.

But you body and c.n.s will be more than ready for a break after 12 weeks hard training and gear.

So I think its really up to you and the way your body responds, trial and error if you like,

This my be worth thinking about, what about 6-8 weeks hard training, get your self ready for the gear. Then have 1 week off or maybe even 2 then start you 12 week cycle finish your PCT then have 1 week of, then continue training and see how you feel.

I think there is a very fine line.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I second that.
    If you're lifting properly and allowing time for growth/recoup then there should be no reason for a full two weeks off. A few days (three) of rest for the CNS would be great and it would also solidify any still needed muscle repair. Two weeks is too excessive, a few days is sufficient. And as SPG said monitor your body at all times, if you feel sluggish or lethargic maybe a break is in order. Overtraining is menacing creature, and more is not necessarily better.

M.

I definitly agree with you about the two week break before the cycle in fact, thats what I planned. I have a habit of overtraining even when I workout only three times a week, which is my normal regime. I always take two weeks off after 12 weeks of working out. However, I never take a break from dieting. Most pros will tell you that you should take a break from everthing including diet, but I have been doing this for so long that eating at least 6 times a day is a lifestyle not a diet. I do take the supplements out though.

By the way, I think I am going to post this in the steroid forum just for more input.

Of course diet is more than 6 meals a day. What pros mean by break from dieting is serious dieting. Remember they do the 6 a day also, but as shows get closer they remove elements from their diets at prescribed increments, until they achieve the final level of precontest dieting. And it is very stringent. So after the contest, all bets are off and it's time to grub.

Quote Originally Posted by Blome
    I have a habit of overtraining even when I workout only three times a week, which is my normal regime.
    It's pretty hard to overtrain on 3 days a week. You'd need to either spend the whole day there, or come back a couple times.

M.

Well by 6 meals a day I didn't mean I eat whatever i want for 6 meals. Depends on my goal, but on break I go 40/30/30. Protein, carbs, and fats respectively. When I workout for lean muscle I might do 50/30/20. I might also mention that it's all good proteins, and fats. I try to get the carbs from a source thats low on the glycemic index.

I think ectomorphs definitly overtrain easier than other body types. I know thats true for me anyway. Thats not an excuse just the way my body responds. Here is my schedule:
    Monday: Chest/Tris/Shoulders
    Wednesday: Legs(Quads/Hams/Calves)
    Friday: Back/Bi's
    Pretty basic, but very effective. I will be changing this soon though.
    All exercises are to failure which is probably where my problem lies because I know it's hard on the CNS.

Thread Information