Thread: Gain weght?

mhcatch12 is offline New Member

Gain weght?

I'm a new member and I'm looking for some advice on gaining weight. I've got about 8-10 weeks to gain as much weight as possible. Preferably 15-20 lbs. I'm taking t3, gakic and whey protein. Any advice or tips or anything would be appreciated. Thanks
    --Matt

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcatch12
    I'm a new member and I'm looking for some advice on gaining weight. I've got about 8-10 weeks to gain as much weight as possible. Preferably 15-20 lbs. I'm taking t3, gakic and whey protein. Any advice or tips or anything would be appreciated. Thanks
    --Matt
    Hit up the bulking sticky above the threads and get a base diet down once you have read it and drawn out a plan you can post it back up so we can help you with what you need or dont need.

Flexor is offline Banned
    What type of weight are you trying to gain? If you are looking to put on a load of fat I'm sure that wouldn't be too difficult. If you are looking for lean muscle mass, 20lbs in 2 months is impossible without hardcore steroids ...but that would be dangerous without having done years of training experience with a solid base of quality muscle and knowledge. When on a cycle you must have diet, split workouts and rest planned perfectly to take full advantage of the increased test etc.

What are your stats, like height, weight, training experience etc? Then maybe people will better understand your aims and will be able to help. If you have never lifted before, in two and a half months you might be able to put on 5lb or more of muscle with lots of compound exercises and no isolations. People grow like weeds when they start, especially if diet and workout is right and they concentrate on lifting heavy and not isolating.

Welcome to the board bro!
    Last edited by Flexor; 12-06-2005 at 01:43 PM.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    I think 15-20 naturally in 2 months is NEARLY impossible, but certainly not impossible. Especially if you are just starting out. You are going to have an extremely strict diet, rest, and workout regimen. To start with your going to have to be eating 6 well-balanced meals a day without a doubt. This will become your new lifestyle. What kind of body type are you? What are your stats?

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    What type of weight are you trying to gain? If you are looking to put on a load of fat I'm sure that wouldn't be too difficult. If you are looking for lean muscle mass, 20lbs in 2 months is impossible without hardcore steroids...but that would be dangerous without having done years of training experience with a solid base of quality muscle and knowledge. When on a cycle you must have diet, split workouts and rest planned perfectly to take full advantage of the increased test etc.

What are your stats, like height, weight, training experience etc? Then maybe people will better understand your aims and will be able to help. If you have never lifted before, in two and a half months you might be able to put on 5lb or more of muscle with lots of compound exercises and no isolations. People grow like weeds when they start, especially if diet and workout is right and they concentrate on lifting heavy and not isolating.

Welcome to the board bro!

i agree with everything you said except the bold..if he is new to training, he could probably pull off 15-20 lbs in 2 months..it wont be 20 lbs of muscle but he could probabkle gain 10-15 lbs of muscle and 5 lbs of fat..my body responded well when i started lifting and thats about what i put on right off the bat...Follow the bulking sticky in the diet forum bro, and i would personally add a cheat meal everyday, for extra calories..but have some kind of nutritional value..eat, train, sleep don't get off track and i say it can be done

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Read Your Ass Off...then Work Your Ass Off...then Eat Your Ass Off...

info

I'm about 5'10", 170lbs. and have been working out steadily for about the last 6 months. Weights 4-6 days a week, alternating lower and upper body. Cardio about 5 days a week 2 heavy, 3 light. Haven't had a steady diet, school and work make that pretty tough. Any muscle weight that I can put on will help, I know the 20lb mark is pretty out-there without that vitamin S. Maybe this info will help, thanks 4 the replies.

JNel04 is offline Associate Member
    howz the gakic workin out for u...worth the money?

I like the Gakic quite a bit. It prevents the dead-legs I used to get when doing sprints. It makes you not want to put the weights down, makes you want to do more sets, more weight, more time, more everything so you gotta be careful not to overtrain. I'd say it's worth it.
    --Matt

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    sounds like you got your head on straight..stay away from the "vitamin s" lol but can i ask, why in 8-10 weeks??

if ur tryin to gain as much weight as possible, stop cardio and spend that time sleepin and eating

The timeline is for when baseball season starts and being a catcher, it's tough to get noticed at 170 plus during the season Ill lose 5-10 lbs. Eventually, my goal weight is 210. I'm just so far behind because I had shoulder surgery back in May and I'm just now about to be fully rehabbed. Thanks again to all of you for the tips. Any opinions on brands of weight gainers or weight gainers in general?
    --Matt

Thread Information