onehundredk is offline Member

Lose fat in a few days

I got a little fat around my lower abs. just wondering what's the best way to get rid of it in week...i do alot of situps and leg raises and also on ephedra. Any suggestions?

Zapp is offline Banned
    One week? I hope you're not serious. Are you retarded?

its not that much fat. but thanks, you give great inputs.

thestudent is offline Associate Member
    serious diet and proper cardio will not yeild fat loss in one week. It is a tough process which needs dedication

what cardio would you recommend for lower ab fat.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Bro its all about cardio and diet you can do all the sit-ups leg raises you want, but to lower your body fat you will need to hit the correct MHR for you ect, especially if you haven’t got much to loose as this is what your body will want to hand on to for additional fuel give your body a reason to loose it.

220 - Age = MHR

(Fat Burning) --- 60 - 70% of maximum heart rate: This zone provides the same benefits as the healthy heart zone, but is more intense and burns more total calories. The percent of fat calories is still 85%.

Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    Bro its all about cardio and diet you can do all the sit-ups leg raises you want, but to lower your body fat you will need to hit the correct MHR for you ect, especially if you haven’t got much to loose as this is what your body will want to hand on to for additional fuel give your body a reason to loose it.
    so i should just stick with doing alot of tredmill work outs and some swimming...swimming is really good on the abs i know. its just hard to always go to a pool haha

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by onehundredk
    what cardio would you recommend for lower ab fat.
    Lower ab fat? No such thing, its called BODYFAT. In men, the last place that fat is stored is over the lower abs and this is genetic. The only way to remove this fat over the lower abs is to reduce your total bodyfat down to a very small percentage (usually as low as 6-8%). There are injectible products that break down fat locally, but the fat will soon come back.

You just need to do 45 mins on the elliptical/treadmill at 60-70% your MHR, three times a week. Also sort out your diet.

Flexor is offline Banned
    so i should just stick with doing alot of tredmill work outs and some swimming...swimming is really good on the abs i know. its just hard to always go to a pool haha
    Doesn't matter what ab work you do, because its mostly about the fat covering them

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Lower ab fat? No such thing, its called BODYFAT. In men, the last place that fat is stored is over the lower abs and this is genetic. The only way to remove this fat over the lower abs is to reduce your total bodyfat down to a very small percentage (usually as low as 6-8%). There are injectible products that break down fat locally, but the fat will soon come back.

You just need to do 45 mins on the elliptical/treadmill at 60-70% your MHR, three times a week. Also sort out your diet.

well, i wasnt sure what its called, just the fat is over my lower abs haha. ok so..45 mins on a tredmill every other day...my diet consits of high protein and carbs, and low fat already...am i set to go or am i forgeting something?

agreed...with one of the, THE shit gang....

Flexor is offline Banned
    well, i wasnt sure what its called, just the fat is over my lower abs haha. ok so..45 mins on a tredmill every other day...my diet consits of high protein and carbs, and low fat already...am i set to go or am i forgeting something?
    Probably not, but then again I am no fat loss expert...

IMO though, you have the right idea now...

i like tredmill work.

Forget the swimming.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    agreed...with one of the, THE shit gang....
    Thanks dude, I thought I was out of it after the HIT/HIIT mixup

Agreed on the swimming as well...

aight thanks guys. maybe in a month itll be solid haha.

oldandgrim is offline Associate Member
    check your Messages

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd opt for cardio daily, and make sure your fat is not low if your carbs are already low.

You need one or the other as a fuel source, and in the case of "low" carbs, fats are usually quite high to encourage stored fat to be let go. If you don't ingest enough fats and healthy EFA's, your body will hold on to the fat you have as a survival instinct.

Swimming for fat loss sucks. There is far more to losing fat than what I offered above such as timing of meals, carbs, fats, etc., but that's a good start.

Nothing is going to happen in 1 week that is magical either.

~SC~

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    One week? I hope you're not serious. Are you retarded?
    LOL

TR'05 is offline Member
    how about some stats and current bf%?

sputnik is offline Banned
    Geez, here I would say diet, cardio (in my case sprints) and a topical product. However, in a week? Sure you’d get ‘some’ results, but not sure how much.

ironboxer is offline Banned
    in one week? tell me how...

Thanks dude, I thought I was out of it after the HIT/HIIT mixup

Agreed on the swimming as well...
    Didn’t thunk it for a second....

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Yeah get some EFA's, forget the pool. Swimming is a great exercise, but not for fat burning because the water doesn't allow your body to heat up nor does it permit your heartrate to remain stable (in the fat burning zone SPG outlined earlier).

Weight-bearing cardio work is best, anything that has you standing. Of those real stairs, either the machine where they come out, bleachers, a flights are best because they also tighten the lower body and torso. The treadmill is the next best because you do have to step (skip the gliders), and you can change the incline.

Also make sure you're doing lower back work, they are inverses and you won't lose the middle if all you do is ab work. Plus focus on the lower/medial abs specifically...do exercises that lift your legs to your torso.

M.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Listen To These Guys Man, You Can't Lose Fat Without Eating Any...And You're 20 Are You In College? If You Are Talk To The Nutrition Coach... Or A Dietitian Where You Work Or Have Someone There Find You One...Network Man...

jdog55 is offline Associate Member
    Common sense tells me that you should be able to lose fat as quickly as you put it on.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I found that to not be true, at least for myself and those I have assisted over the years.

It's very easy to over-eat and not exercise, and you don't really get tired of that. As well, all the extra calories are easily stored as fat.

It's very difficult to diet hard and exercise like a fanatic, you get tired quickly, and you don't assure yourself you are losing only fat when you do it too fast.

When cutting calories what you lose may not always be pure fat (muscle), but when you are overeating calories, they are of course going to only be stored as fat. Ever notice how it's far easier to all of a sudden gain 10 lbs, but it's much harder to permanently lose it?

~SC~

Thread Information