firearms123 is offline New Member

A few Q's About gaining MASS

Hi, I'm new to this posting thing.. but i thought it would be a good way to get really good tips for weight training. See i just finished my football season and now im lifting again for the next season. On mondays i train my chest and back. Tuesday is my rest day. Wednesday i train my shoulders bi's and tri's. Thursday is my day off. Friday i train my legs. I do squats and what not. Saturday is my rest day. I start up again on sunday. And i've been using this routene for the past year and a half and havent seen the results i would like. I mean i see results but not what I expect. During the day i take about 3 - 4 protein shakes between classes and post work out etc. I take one in the mornning when i wake up but i dont eat anything because i dont have time. I take another one at 10:30 or 11 and again at 2 pm. I usually get to the gym at about 3 pm. After i work out ill take a shake after dinner which is around 9pm. Is there anything im doing wrong that i should fix? I know that i need to start using a log to track the weight i previously lifted and try to gain off that but can anyone give me any helpful pointers?? I want to gain some real good mass in the next 3 - 5 months. Help please?

--WiLL

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member

Eat Big To Get Big

You haven't stated whether the protein shakes are isolates/ Blends or Whey Gainers. Repost a sample of what exactly you would eat in one day that way we can help critique what is missing. ex. If you are 170lbs and eat like you are 170lbs you stay 170lbs, IMO. I was 165lbs when I started training about 1.5 years ago @ 17% body fat. In my avatar i am 227lbs and yes higher in body fat about 19% but did a show this October in Canada and weighed in at 177lbs a 5-6% body fat. I ate to gain like I was already 227lbs.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    welcome to ar....

diet is more important..

lets have more stats..

weight
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    welcome to ar....

diet is more important..

lets have more stats..

weight

diet is def. 75% IMO but his training is a bit off if you ask me..first i wouldn't want to train chest and back in the same day..these muscles are way too big and you need alot of eneregy for each so i would first start by seperating these two groups..and give legs their own day, work it from there, there are also certain things i would keep for everyday..squats on leg day, deadlifts on back day, and some kind of flat pressing movement on chest..but yes post your diet

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member

I agree Bigpup101

Yes I forgot to mention about the workout I agree with Bigpup101 and would myself go to Mon, Wed, Fri split of all compound exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101
    diet is def. 75% IMO but his training is a bit off if you ask me..first i wouldn't want to train chest and back in the same day..these muscles are way too big and you need alot of eneregy for each so i would first start by seperating these two groups..and give legs their own day, work it from there, there are also certain things i would keep for everyday..squats on leg day, deadlifts on back day, and some kind of flat pressing movement on chest..but yes post your diet
    yeah i was at a plateau forever and i was doing chest and back on the same day and then arms (bis and tris) on same day. ive started doing chest/tris and back/bis now along with shoulders and legs whenever. ive noticed different muscles will be sore and it feels good. and i had been working out like that for like 4 years, not too serious though. if i were you switch it up more often than i did and more often than you are now.

Ok. Here is a sample of my diet.

Morning 7:30 am whey protein shake.

Mid-morning 10:30 - 11 whey protein shake.

Lunch time around 12 - 12:15 either two chicken sandwhiches or two cheese burgers or 3 burritos (caffeteria food)

Mid after noon 2pm whey protein shake.

Evening dinner meal 6 - 7pm variety of things (i work in the evening at chick-fil-a where they serve nothing but chicken which is quality protein).

Night time 9:30pm like 45 mins before bed time another whey protein shake.

Then i get about 7 - 8 hours of sleep everynight.

What should i change in my diet?

Also.. im 17 and 190lbs. Im 6'2.. trying to gain mass for my senior year..

tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    thats not nearly enough calories for a bulking teen

Should i eat more food to get more calories? Should i get protein bars to go along with everything else i eat?

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firearms123
    Also.. im 17 and 190lbs. Im 6'2.. trying to gain mass for my senior year..

gotta be 18 before you start postin here bro..but you can read all you like ..as far as your diet..check the diet forum, needs work...add some flax to those protein shakes, unless its PWO also i would try to squeeze in one more meal around 11 at night,and take out one of those shakes i'm by no means a diet expert tho
    Last edited by Bigpup101; 12-07-2005 at 12:20 AM.

bro i gotta say for mass.... eat a whole food meal at breakfast....

Can someone give me a good training schedule?
    Ex.
    Monday through sunday what i should train on seperate days. Add in some cardio like before or after my workout.

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    you're not seeing strength gains or mass gains that you want?
    In anycase, things take time.
    You're going to have your slow areas in training. Which means you have to train harder to get to those goals. Which is why you are asking like a good lad. If you want big results, you have to have a bigger session.

(That being said; Have you tried switching up your routines a bit? Surprise your body so it says, "woah damn! Wait a minute, this guy means business. i better grow")
    You'll find some good advice here.

And seeing how you're on a steroid forum... If you're a youngin, say NO to testosterone !

Thread Information