Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Shoulder Workout

I have been tearing shit apart in the gym lately, i have been having some intense workouts and have been focused on really targeting the muscle being worked...

This is my current shoulder workout:

Front Raises w/ Dumbells 3x12 and immediately after completing those 12 reps i switch to a straight bar and pull off 8-12 reps...

Shoulder Press In front 3x8-12
    Shoulder Press In back 3x8-12

Upright Row w/bar 3x12 immediately after completeing those 12 reps i pull of some upright rows on the cables for 12 reps
    Lateral Raises w/ dumbells to each side 3x12

Rear Lateral raises 3x12

I am beginning to wonder if this is not to much? I did shoulders tonight, i completely hit it hard with the front raises....moved onto shoulder presses and really pushed myself...upright rows kicked ass as well...then i get to Lateral raises and my shoulders are so ****ing toasted its ridiculous. lol

My shoulders burn like a mofo when just standing around to the point i walk over to the bar on the smith machine and rest my arms on it to relieve the burn...

I have a good rest period and try to finish up with Lat raises and its all i can do to squeeze out 6 reps....

By the way this happens alot but i have'nt posted on it before, just thought i would post it up here...i cant be the only one that kills the shoulders...

It hurts so bad i farking love it....
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 12-07-2005 at 03:56 AM.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    ive done something the same myself and i found that my front delt was getting to big towards the rest of the heads, so now ive dropped the front raises and hit the side delt more, and for me its far better, heavy intense short workouts work best for me, if your happy with the growth and balance carry on...

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    I personally wouldn’t do that routine. As a natural its to much IMO

I like to incorporate chest and shoulder together as the anterior delts get enough stimulation during chest.

I go straight to lateral head as this gives me the roundness I’m looking for. I feel shoulder on a additional day with isolation exercises will lead to over training.

My delt workout is a little different to yours...

after chest 3x laterals 2x shoulder press.

I can usually feel shoulder D.O.M.S for 3 days.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Front raises will give you a tremendous burn in your front delts, but this really isn't necessarily for growth. I rarely train my front delts directly, instead allowing the chest work to take care of them and it does!! Then like SPG said, I concentrate on the medial delts. Posterior delts are taken care of on back day by the rows etc...

It isn't necessarily to kill the shoulders IMO...

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Front raises will give you a tremendous burn in your front delts, but this really isn't necessarily for growth. I rarely train my front delts directly, instead allowing the chest work to take care of them and it does!! Then like SPG said, I concentrate on the medial delts. Posterior delts are taken care of on back day by the rows etc...

It isn't necessarily to kill the shoulders IMO...

This sounds great as obviously i have noticed front delts being hit during chest...this has also led to my chest workouts suffering.

Thread Information