Thread: chest symetry

ITALIANMAN is offline Junior Member

chest symetry

wuts up bros ok i have a problem well here goes......about three years ago i had surgery on my right wrist and rite arm i now have a large plate in my arm and wires in my wrist..This makes a lot of workouts harder like for bis its hard for me to rotate that wrist..Well basically my question is chest is not simetrical my left side is alot bigger i just want to know if it because of arm or what and if anyone has any suggestion on how to even them out...this really pisses me off so bad you wouldnt believe it.so any help will e greatly apreciated.....thanx

mamias20918756 is offline Associate Member
    a friend of mine had the same problem but with his quads, he had a leg injury and due to the wires that are inserted to his right leg he couldn't do any excersises that require rotation...He visited a physio several times and started to move his leg more <<naturally>> but not as before. In gym he tries to work his legs seperate so that the damaged leg doesn't get any support from his other leg.
    After three years he has seen a great improvment and can now do more diff. excersises like squat and deadlifts.
    So i guess u should work ur hands seperately till u reach in a level that ur right arm, can lift almost same weight as left.
    This should give u the opportunity of working on ur chest with both hands contributing equally to ur chest lifts, that should lead to a symmetry.
    It requires time tho...Good luck bro
    Last edited by mamias20918756; 12-07-2005 at 08:51 PM.

ITALIANMAN is offline Junior Member
    thanx bro advice appreciated...I was thinking of just working out my rite chest for a couple of weeks just doing heavy heavy dumbells but dont want to hinder the gains on the opposite side so maybe doing dumbells and going heavier on the rite side than the left maybe? cause its not that much weeker its just smaller....it seems no matter what i do just the left side grows and when i train chest only the left gets a good pump so maybe my form on the right is off

bro what i realise from what u've said is that ur right arm is the problem .. WORK ON IT MAN!!

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    Also if you dont want to split your chest into seperate days do more iso lifts like dumbell presses, flyes, etc. That way you still get the chest done in one day but each pec is working equally hard and has the non assist from the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAndromeda73
    Also if you dont want to split your chest into seperate days do more iso lifts like dumbell presses, flyes, etc. That way you still get the chest done in one day but each pec is working equally hard and has the non assist from the other one.
    Good advise, totally agree

Thread Information