Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member

went to chiropractor..weird

went to the chiropractor today..been getting severe back pumps during deadlifts and back in general...anyway he had me squeeze some sort of device and it measured how many lbs of pressure i was putting out..The thing that was weird was first off he said my grip is alot weaker then wheat it should be for my arm size..he says for my age range its above normal, but for my arm size (18+) it's sub par..and the other weird thing about it was my left arm is stronger than my right (i'm a righty) he thought that was strange..he said my right arm should be 15% stronger, its not...what do you guys think about all this??

Zapp is offline Banned
    No offence BP, but I think all chiropractors are quacks. Anyway, why is he having you squeeze something when you went there for back pain. He will probably tell ya that you need to come back three times a week, so he can get your right arm caught up with your right! After a couple of months of arm therapy, he will say..."Oh yeah, didn't you come here for back pain"?.......lmao
    Last edited by Zapp; 12-07-2005 at 10:58 PM.

mhcatch12 is offline New Member
    I've used one of those at my chiro too, and the same type of thing happened to me. He said alot of it has to do with how you hold it and what you had done with ur hands that day. (no joke intended) By the way, chiropractors have helped me a great deal with injuries and with back pain so I'm a real believer in them. Just to show how bad it was, the first time I ever went to a chiro, my left leg was about 3/4 of an inch longer than my right just because of some misalignment in my spine.
    --Matt

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    No offence BP, but I think all chiropractors are quacks. Anyway, why is he having you squeeze something when you went there for back pain. He will probably tell ya that you need to come back three times a week, so he can get your right arm caught up with your right! After a couple of months of arm therapy, he will say..."Oh yeah, didn't you come here for back pain"?.......lmao

Well there are actually nerves that run from your spine to your arm, so he wanted to see if i was pinching any?? i d k..but yea he wants me to go back friday and twice a week for 8 weeks..but lemme tell you i feel like a new man...i really do feel good, but the arm thing was weird

mhcatch12 is offline New Member
    Yeah I've never really understood the grip strength test but my chiro has helped me sleep better and helped me come back from back problems I had after a major car wreck very quickly. I would definitely keep going back.
    --Matt

Thread Information