Just did a personal best in the gym last night!!!

T bar rowed 4 plates for 35 reps, only cheated on the last 3 or 4 reps, and it was my final set that I did this. I couldn't believe it when I was done, next week I'm going for 4 plates plus a 25lb. for 25 -30 reps.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    jesus 4 plates 35 reps!!!. I do 4 plates for like 10 reps

5 for 6.

Than 5 and a 25 each side for 3 twice.

You are indeed stacked.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    35, thats some good going bro.......

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Very impressive indeed.

Must be the suspension

chest6 is offline Banned
    Damn man 35 reps? I stick with 8 sometimes 10. Unloading all them plates is a pain.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    nice 1 bro

Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    Very impressive indeed.

Must be the suspension

Well, the suspension def isnt hurting, hahahah. Actually, this is the best thing I've ever run for strength and size gains, simply awesome. Every week freinds comment on my gains and size. The sweet thing is the suspension I have is painless, its so diluted it's smooth as glass, it'll go right through a slin pin, although my cheap ass still uses 22 gauge. But the food is def helping the increase in strength too, love the off season. Running some GH, but at only 7 weeks into it, its hardly in me. The funny thing is before I switched to suspension I was running 1000mg sus/wk w/ 250mg of cyp/wk, and 50mg dbol /day on top of that. I feel better and stronger on just the 1/2 cc ed suspension than I felt on all that shit combined. What pisses me off is rumor has it the chemist quit the lab, and this magical shit is gone, ****. I can get plenty more , but I doubt it'll be as smooth and painless as what I got now. My bro has like 10 20ml bottles left, I'm about to rob a bank or something to get my hands on the last of it, hahhahahaah.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    T bar rowed 4 plates for 35 reps, only cheated on the last 3 or 4 reps, and it was my final set that I did this. I couldn't believe it when I was done, next week I'm going for 4 plates plus a 25lb. for 25 -30 reps.
    How many sets do you perform when you go for a number like 35 reps? Congrats, Stayinstacked!

I did 4 sets ,35 reps was on my last set. The first set was 2 plates for 30 reps, 2nd set 3 plates for 30 reps, then 3 plates plus a 25 for 30 reps, then finally 4 plates for 36 reps, I'd say 32 reps solid, last 3 I cheated a little. I've been gradually increasing my weights lately, I'm going more for the muscle squeeze and feel, and when I actually gradually work my way up instead of big jumps like I used to, I found I'm actually stronger and feel better after my workouts

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I did 4 sets ,35 reps was on my last set. The first set was 2 plates for 30 reps, 2nd set 3 plates for 30 reps, then 3 plates plus a 25 for 30 reps, then finally 4 plates for 36 reps, I'd say 32 reps solid, last 3 I cheated a little. I've been gradually increasing my weights lately, I'm going more for the muscle squeeze and feel, and when I actually gradually work my way up instead of big jumps like I used to, I found I'm actually stronger and feel better after my workouts
    That is a very high volume workout. How many exercises do you perform for your back workout?

Zapp is offline Banned
    Good job SS. Two more plates and you will catch up with me!.....J/k bro, thats awesome.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm loving the volume SS... i'm thinking i'm going back to that for the new year.

Props to you ...35 reps..that's wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    That is a very high volume workout. How many exercises do you perform for your back workout?

Well last week my buddy and I did this for back:

4 sets of T bar rows(30 reps/set), 4 sets of Hammer strength high row machine(15 reps/set) 3 sets of close grip lateral pulldowns(15-20 reps/set) and that was it. But we worked shoulders first, and nailed those out really hard, so those 3 back exercises was about all we had in us,hahahha.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Well last week my buddy and I did this for back:

4 sets of T bar rows(30 reps/set), 4 sets of Hammer strength high row machine(15 reps/set) 3 sets of close grip lateral pulldowns(15-20 reps/set) and that was it. But we worked shoulders first, and nailed those out really hard, so those 3 back exercises was about all we had in us,hahahha.
    Thanks for the info. I assume your hitting your muscle groups once per week. How did you determine you would go 30reps/15/15-20? The 14-20 rep range I have seen used for muscle endurance. In some old bodybuilding mags, I've seen guys like David Dearth (old WBF guy ) do reps as high as 100. What made you decide to go with the 30 reps? Sorry about all the questions but I'm a CSCS so I try to find the reasoning for all different training methods. Any problems with overuse injuries?

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    very impressive bro

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    that high of rep may be more catabolic than advantagious, but WOW that is sick amount of reps!congrats!

bonsey is offline Junior Member
    jesus thats amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    Thanks for the info. I assume your hitting your muscle groups once per week. How did you determine you would go 30reps/15/15-20? The 14-20 rep range I have seen used for muscle endurance. In some old bodybuilding mags, I've seen guys like David Dearth (old WBF guy ) do reps as high as 100. What made you decide to go with the 30 reps? Sorry about all the questions but I'm a CSCS so I try to find the reasoning for all different training methods. Any problems with overuse injuries?

Those are all very good questions. I used to think like that, think that anything over 10-12 reps was endurance training, and that you wont get bigger but just more toned off that, but I know longer train that way. My take on it is if your consuming enough calories and getting adequate rest and recovery, there is no rep scheme too high for changes to your body. I know guys who train 30-50 reps/set near show time and they arent 150 lbs soaking wet either, they are national level guys who are friggin huge. I dont train high rep like that all the time now. For example, today was back day again, my rep scheme was 6-10 reps, however my final set was w/ 7 plates(that sucked, felt like my nuts were gonna explode) And then we moved on to hammer strength high rows (6-8 reps/set) and pulldowns(6-8 reps /set getting up to 250) So I dont train like this all the time. But I found the key for me is to combine both heavy training days, w/ rep days. I feel more of a squeeze in my muscles on rep days, when you totally dont give a shit about lbs. and go for maximum contraction. You have to push it hard enough to damage that fascia of your muscles enough to grow. For biceps eo wk I go sets of 20-25 on ez curl bar now. Sets of 20 for tri work eo wk now. You'd think it wouldnt promote growth and just endurance, but I've slapped a 1/2" on my arms in 1 month, no bullshit.

Also, no problems w/ injury bro, matter of fact, everything feels better now given time to rest from that heavy overload training every week. I no longer train necessarily harder, just smarter

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I have read articles by strength coach Charles Staley and he is an advocate EDT training. He believes as long as you do more work than your last workout, you will grow. This could be in the form of more reps, sets, lbs, etc. It looks like you use this training method as an unloading day from heavy resistance training. If this is true, then it will help you avoid plateaus. Thanks again.

you can't do this high reps all year round, you will burn out. try it in 4-6 wk meso cycles 2-3 times a year. otherwise i would fear burning out and losing some of the gains

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    you can't do this high reps all year round, you will burn out. try it in 4-6 wk meso cycles 2-3 times a year. otherwise i would fear burning out and losing some of the gains
    Well, I can see your point if I were doing it every workout, but I think alternating b/ heavy weeks, and a total week of light reptitive motions wont burn me out, especially w/ the calories I consume. However contest time, I fear this would only be good the last 3-4 weeks before the show, the rest of the time I'd train heavy to keep as much strength and mass as possible

Well, I can see your point if I were doing it every workout, but I think alternating b/ heavy weeks, and a total week of light reptitive motions wont burn me out, especially w/ the calories I consume. However contest time, I fear this would only be good the last 3-4 weeks before the show, the rest of the time I'd train heavy to keep as much strength and mass as possible
    exactly, wre on the same wavelength, good luck with your gains!

Thread Information