majormobley is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb need help on workouts!!!

Hey bro's just need to advice on how i should put my training together. I plan on doing a show in mid feburary and this is going to be my first show ever. I am not new to the game meaning AS and workout but just want to know what is the best programs to do to get ready for a show. Here is my workout that i have been doing for about 2yrs now.

Day1. Legs
    Day2. Chest
    Day3. Back
    Day4. Shoulders/Traps
    Day5. Bi's/ Tri's
    Day6. Off
    Day7. Off
    Start all over again for the new week

Here is what i am thinking of doing for a new workout, tell me if it is ok

Day1. Lower, Mid Back/ Bi's
    Day2. Shoulders/ Traps/ Tri's
    Day3. Calf's/ Abs/ Forarms
    Day4. Lat pull downs "4 different kinds of pull downs so it hits my lat spread real good" so i am splitting my back workout into two days/ Bi's
    Day5. Chest/ Tri's
    Day6. Legs
    Day7. Off

Tell me bro's if this is good or not. I need some advice from this advance bodybuilders and advice lifters too. Thanks again

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    the first program is better, more days off to recover. but chest and tri's and back and bi's on the same day and only train 4 days a wk, giving you even another day off. let me know how this works out for you. since doing chest already fatigues the tri's and back pre fatigues the bi's, you are killing 2 birds with one stone and won't really need to do crazy numbers of sets and reps for either muscle group. i myself am not a fan of 6 days a wk, it becomes to tedious .

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    the first program is better, more days off to recover. but chest and tri's and back and bi's on the same day and only train 4 days a wk, giving you even another day off. let me know how this works out for you. since doing chest already fatigues the tri's and back pre fatigues the bi's, you are killing to birds with one stone and won't really need to do crazy numbers of sets and reps for either muscle group. i myself am not a fan of 6 days a wk, it becomes to tedious .
    makes sense?

Thread Information