210-6foot is offline Junior Member

Question Bad or Not? Younger brother...

I am not sure if this is healthy or not, but my little brother is 15 yrs old: weighs 125, bf % low. My brother has been lifting for over a year about and is weak he use to max at 80 and that was with a tad bit of help. Well I introduced power lifting to him and in 2 weeks he was doing 2 reps of 80 pounds. I think that's awesome, but I don't know if it's heathly or anything. Any feedback or workout recommends let me know.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 210-6foot
    I am not sure if this is healthy or not, but my little brother is 15 yrs old: weighs 125, bf % low. My brother has been lifting for over a year about and is weak he use to max at 80 and that was with a tad bit of help. Well I introduced power lifting to him and in 2 weeks he was doing 2 reps of 80 pounds. I think that's awesome, but I don't know if it's heathly or anything. Any feedback or workout recommends let me know.
    Bit dumb for 15 really. 80 lbs for what?!?!? 2 reps is ridiculous for someone that young that hasn't finished growing. He should keep to around 10 reps, and powerlifting should be kept well away from. Training with higher reps will bring strength anyway, and size...

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Bit dumb for 15 really. 80 lbs for what?!?!? 2 reps is ridiculous for someone that young that hasn't finished growing. He should keep to around 10 reps, and powerlifting should be kept well away from. Training with higher reps will bring strength anyway, and size...

yea..keep him in the higher rep range..there is no reason why at 15 to be lifting like a powerlifter

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    are football coach forced us to max in bench squat and clean when we werer 14 and we including myself all grew taller

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    me personally i dont think it will do harm, i started liftin around that age and im 6'2. im sure alot of people will say it closes the growth plates or something

Flexor is offline Banned
    I wasn't talking about the issue of stunting growth, I was talking about the fact that before full height and width has been reached, the connective tissues aren't as strong and injury is more likely.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    I wasn't talking about the issue of stunting growth, I was talking about the fact that before full height and width has been reached, the connective tissues aren't as strong and injury is more likely.

werd..it's really hard on your joints at that age, and if you continue lifting you're probably gonna feel it later on

210-6foot is offline Junior Member
    Ok I was curious b/c he hasn't got stronger in the longest time and I wanted to help out the poor guy and this isn't no "effective" supps for his age, so I thought maybe it will be a good way. Plus he's a hard gainer I tried to feed the kid and he's been skinney forever. BTW I had to max out for football when I was younger. Thanks for the info it will help us out.

Thread Information