Tattoo70 is offline Associate Member

Order of chest excercises...

I use weighted dips, pullovers, flys and of course bench presses in my chest routine. My question is in what order would YOU put these in your workout. Would you do bench first or dips or what? If I do bench first then I find that I'm too spent to get many dips and if I do dips first I feel as if my bench is as good as it could be. What do ya-all think? Thanks.....Tattoo

Tattoo70 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo70
    If I do bench first then I find that I'm too spent to get many dips and if I do dips first I feel as if my bench is as good as it could be. What do ya-all think? Thanks.....Tattoo
    I meant to say that if I do dips first then I feel like my bench ISN'T as good as it could be

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo70
    I use weighted dips, pullovers, flys and of course bench presses in my chest routine. My question is in what order would YOU put these in your workout. Would you do bench first or dips or what? If I do bench first then I find that I'm too spent to get many dips and if I do dips first I feel as if my bench is as good as it could be. What do ya-all think? Thanks.....Tattoo
    I would go with this for your current program:
    Bench Press
    Weighted Dips
    Pullovers
    Flyes

If it was me, this is what I would do:
    Bench Press
    Incline DB Press
    Weighted Chest Dips Or Pullovers
    Incline DB Flyes

mamias20918756 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    If it was me, this is what I would do:
    Bench Press
    Incline DB Press
    Weighted Chest Dips Or Pullovers
    Incline DB Flyes
    I have the same routine

Jakspro is offline Member
    Incline Bench
    Bench
    Incline DB Flys
    4 sets of Dips till failure... Never got into Weighted dips... How much improvement do you guys see going with weights?

As i really need to improve my Upper chest to balance everything out

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakspro
    Incline Bench
    Bench
    Incline DB Flys
    4 sets of Dips till failure... Never got into Weighted dips... How much improvement do you guys see going with weights?

As i really need to improve my Upper chest to balance everything out
    I use weight on the dip belt so it will keep my reps in the desired range. My brother has some bad ass tris from very heavy dips. Not everyone's shoulders or elbows can tolerate this exercise though.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I am wanting to change mine starting tonight...chest is my weakest lift and my lower chest is non existent so to combat that i am gonna try this tonight..

Decline
    Bench
    Incline
    Standing Cable Work (don't know all the fancy names)
    Flat DB Flys
    Dips (might have to take something out such as cables or most likely shorten them to 2 sets and go straight to Dips and then go to DB Flys?)

This is the only workout day i would like to have a partner there to help puch me trhough to that last rep...usually i am the only one in the gym at 1:30am so in a way i don't feel like i push myself as hard as i should...to help with that i recently started benching and when i started to struggle i would have some weight on the smith machine setup and would jump up and go over to it and keep going just to push myself...but i am not about to domy whole chect routing on the smith...

I attribute alot of my "weakness" in my chest work outs from previous machine use...at least thats what i can figure?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    [QUOTE=muriloninja]I am wanting to change mine starting tonight...chest is my weakest lift and my lower chest is non existent so to combat that i am gonna try this tonight..

Decline
    Bench
    Incline
    Standing Cable Work (don't know all the fancy names)
    Flat DB Flys
    Dips (might have to take something out such as cables or most likely shorten them to 2 sets and go straight to Dips and then go to DB Flys?)

I would design your program like this and then maybe add exercises if you recover adequately from your last workout:
    Decline Bench Presses or Chest Dips
    DB Bench Presses
    Incline Presses
    Decline DB Flyes or Standing Cable Crossovers

JNel04 is offline Associate Member
    i noticed most of u guys had weighted dips before flys. i never really thought of that but i guess i could give it a try. i just figured by doin the dips last it would finish off my chest and tri's. my workout usually looks like this...

flat bench
    incline bench
    flys or cable crossovers
    weighted dips

of course i switch it up w/ the BB and DB bench and etc...

timtim is offline Member
    try switching exercises and order of exercise every workout. keeps the muscle guessing. make sure to change rep ranges every 3 weeks, your body adapts quickest to rep ranges.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I did this tonight with some success:

Decline
    Flat Bench
    Incline
    Cable Crossovers
    Dips (started going down hill here)
    incline flys for 2 sets
    flat bench flys

I will work with it a bit, my shoulder workout was still aching and i believe this caused some problems...

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm curious how do you do "chest" dips? I mean sometimes i feel it in my chest othertimes my tris how do you specifically hit your chest because i hear this is a great movement to get some growth when u plateau?????

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Haro3
    i'm curious how do you do "chest" dips? I mean sometimes i feel it in my chest othertimes my tris how do you specifically hit your chest because i hear this is a great movement to get some growth when u plateau?????
    For chest dips, have a forward lean with your trunk. You can let your elbows drift from your torso. For tricep dips, try to maintain as vertical a torso as possible. Try to keep your elbows from drifting too far away from your trunk.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    thx man

daytrader is offline Member
    I dont mess with dips anymore.... couldnt lift for 2 months cuz i sprained my rotator doing these.... im sure if i didnt go down as far i coulddo them but i figure why event ry theres enough chest excersies out ther

Thread Information