Chempink is offline Retired Moderator

Makeup at the Gym

Ok Im very curious here, how long does it take for you guys to get ready for the Gym. I cant belive my eyes when I see gals with tons of make-up and hair spray, pretending to workout........thier breasts up to thier neck........I dont get it.........I personally think its halarious.
    Personally I like the look of no makeup.......lip gloss and mascara and may be tinted moisterizer, hair in a ponytail.......that is it.
    Something that looks fresh and sporty........
    So lets hear it girls...................
    Its not the Length of Life but its Depth.

MsFit is offline Female Member
    I'm with you. The gym it to workout, not pick up. Save the make-up, hair spray and flashy jewelry when you go out. I wonder what the fellas like?
    MsFit

Yeah, I wonder what they really like???

primodonna is offline Female Member
    They will say "i don't even look at women when i'm training" to us

They will say "DAYUM...did you see that chick on the bike in the white spandex with nothing else on underneath?" to their buddies in the locker room
    Last edited by primodonna; 10-14-2001 at 10:11 PM.
    What happens here, stays here

Sorry i forgot to even answer the original question.

Less is more. Besides, make-up stains on your training clothes is just not necessary in my world.

I have gone in, done my training and been on my way out in the amount of time it has taken some women to get ready FOR the gym.

Lol I hear you primodonna, may be its time to ask the guys........
    Im not saying that you have to look like shit but all that makeup............yaksssssssss.
    Im sure you heard of Stacey Lynn one of the MuscleMag fitness gals and Ive seen her at the Gym where I work out, and she was working out in those high heels boots lol.....pls.........how uncomfortable is that

Please tell me you're joking Chempink. High heel boots training? WTF??
    MsFit

She was literally training in them? And don't tell me she did her cardio on the treadmill with them too...?

I mean I've seen what they wear in the gym for those photo shoots...I couldn't even go to a club in some of those boots they wear.

I can barely walk in my Tennis Shoes much less those spiked boots, and their training in them? Apparently their not training, but advertising. oops
    MsFit

Super is offline Female Member
    I agree with you all!

I usually only wear lipstick every day unless I am going out or something, so I don't wear any makeup in the gym at all.

I hate perfume in the gym! If other girls want to wear makeup, whatever, I don't have to look at them, but jeeeezzz! I hate it when they wear perfume, there is no escape! Same thing goes for guys and cologne.

Great avatar, Super!

Super is offline Female Member
    Thanks Primodonna!

Bert2 is offline Female Member
    Well, I said it before and I'll say it again (I posted on the thread in the General Forum "What pisses you off at the gym") ...I can't stand it when a woman comes in all done up with the make-up, hair, nails, perfume and jewelry. What really gets me going though is seeing them trying to flirt with the guys. It's pathetic!! We had this one at our old gym who had lots of money (rich husband) and always came in dressed to the nines and looking like she just came from the salon. She wasn't trying to pick anybody up, but she wanted to be noticed, that's for sure!! It was more of a social thing for her as she was using the same 5 lb dumbells she had been using for the past 3 years! Obviously her goal was not to gain any strength!

I'm a "natural" kinda girl, very rarely wear make-up, even to work and if I do and end up going straight to the gym from work, I end up kickin myself because I can't stand the feeling of make-up and sweat mixed together!

Bert

Its true that some of them are not into fitness at all but more for attracting the oppisite sex.......darn 5lbs dumbells lol......they cant really work out that hard otherwise all that make up will melt

LOL, if they'd break a sweat the make-up would crack their face. he he
    MsFit

Ms Figure is offline Retired Moderator
    Id have to have that tatooed make up on if i was to still be wearing it by the end of my workout LOL I see this woman at my gym and she has really long hair flowing round her shoulders and i dont understand it how can you have your hair down i just want to give her a band and say put it up girl!!
    Ms Figure

StrongChick is offline Female Member
    I had this discussion with one of my fellow powerlifting chicks yesterday. We both admitted to using some mascara & Chapstick befroe leaving the house. I also may throw on some comcealer or a little coverup under my eyes after a long nite at work-to make myself loook human. You do see people you know at the gym and I don't want them to all see those nice dark circles I get when I don't sleep enough. They'd send me home!!
    I guess how i feel is:
    As long as It dosen't look like youre wearing anything on your face you are okay.
    SChick

Ok my new award for best avatar goes to Ms Figure! Although please don't tell anyone that it's a picture of me. Thanks

Ms Figure is offline Retired Moderator
    Thanks Primo i was bored with my other one and wanted something funky LOL!! wishful thinking on the boob part i think but hay its the internet
    Ms Figure

Bert2 is offline Female Member
    Hey Primo, you must be my long lost identical twin then, cause that picture is of ME!! LOL Seriously, though, MF where did you find that avatar?

Bert

Bert, it' a pic of me in my best condition. Very graceful aren't I?
    MsFit

Seriously, it wasn't my best condition, but I'm working on it.

Ok, all kidding aside. I have the link at home, I'll send it to you sha.
    MsFit

Unhappy

Yeah one hell of an avatar, I was looking for something like that and I coudnt find it
    I can look like this no porbs, in my dreams only.

Ashley is offline Female Member
    I have no idea how long this post has been up, but I just read it and you would die if you saw the Gals at my gym!!!!! It looks like a clown blew up in all their faces! I go the NORM-Natural look. They are in there to pick up Guys......Hey this is funny I watched this girl try and stick her ass in my husbands face and literally follow him around. He came over to me and she followed!!! I ask her if there was anything I could help her with or did she need my husband to SPOT her!!!!! She still comes but at a different time!

TO answer the question about what the guys think. THEY LOOK!
    I had one tell me "hold on I got ASStracted"

Just thought I would add in my $.02!

Later~Ash!

Originally posted by Ashley
    I watched this girl try and stick her ass in my husbands face and literally follow him around. He came over to me and she followed!!! I ask her if there was anything I could help her with or did she need my husband to SPOT her!!!!! She still comes but at a different time!
    LOL, some bimbos don't have a clue. Guess she didn't need a spot eh?
    MsFit

CYCLEON Guest
    well, since it was asked for, ill put my 2 cents in. Basically, my feel for makeup on ladies is i like it as long as i dont see it. second, I get in and out of the gym since i try to keep my workout short - but if im looking at women in the gym..... well...... im not exactly noticing what makeup they are wearing.

Im also kinda divided on the spandex issue (women of course). one the one hand threadbare spandex that barely encapsulates thick muscular gluteal bulges (depending on the face) is a real distraction to what Im there to accomplish - but, like a train wreck, its rather hard to look away.

fitgirl943 is offline Female Member
    Hey ladies. Pesonally I hate wearing make up at the gym. I do wear make up (in fact I wear a complete face) and I love it, but there is no place for it in the gym. I'm there to train. Chapstick is it for me. I detest when people where perfume/cologne when they work out. It makes me sick.

Now I'm all for a cute workout outfit and ear rings. I cant live without earrings.

You guys are right it is so obvious who is at the meat market and who is training.
    Last edited by fitgirl943; 10-17-2001 at 11:04 PM.

You can still look sexy and sporty with min makeup.........
    I do wear my spandex but I dont make it that obvious........I love wearing them during my stiff dead lifts excecution How did we get into Spandex, from make up to spndex.....CYCLEON what a trouble maker

CYCLEON Guest
    yeah, well - Chempink, you could probably go in 2 layers of sweats and still be a distraction

CYCLEON you are a nice trouble maker after all..... thanks *blush*
    BTW have you ever seen me in 2 layers of sweats not a pretty site

KBgrl is offline Female Member
    i dont wear much makeup in general. i cant stand lipstick (yuk!) my lips have always been abnormally red so any type of lipstick on these bad boys would look wierd. a lil gloss is nice though. another lil bit of info here... i have found that the men ive been with dont like lipstick. anyone notice that?
    i cant stand the feeling of concealer on my face either. a little mascara is nice -- light eye makeup is ok too. at the gym though -- i dont wear any makeup. i just keep a nice tan so i dont look "dead" and im set. if u have a nice tan i think u can pull off a nice healthy look without makeup

buffchic is offline Female Member
    I want to vomit when I see girls with their long hair down, every hair in place, doing cardio. barely moving, probably afraid to break a sweat...............I feel like dropping a wt. on her or spraying her hair with the disinfectant.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! I knew I'd like you.
    MsFit
    The Elite Physique

MsFit's Pics

I'm better know as misfit!

NubianBeauty is offline Female Member
    LOL!! @ buffchic!! I also wear a full face of makeup BUT as soon as I get off work I clean it off then hall ass to the Gym and sweat like an run-a-way slave. I must admit that I do use chap stick, can't get the white mouth My gym is all female So we don't really have the makeup scene going on but the perfume, bodyspray, perfumed lotion or whatever the hell else it is has got to go. Sweat and perfume....ugh!

buffchic I will help you
    That's funny.........

PammyJ is offline Female Member
    LOL@ buffchic!!! I have been getting to the gym either at 5 AM or 5 PM. At 5 AM there are still women who have their hair all done with make up on! I'm lucky to get my butt there that early let alone mess with hair or makeup! At 5 PM there are a bunch of girls from the local community college looking to pick up someone. Complete make up, hair done, and going so slow on the stairmaster that it'd take them an hour to get up a normal fight of stairs!!! People are crazy...

Jenna is offline Female Member
    Mascara - that's it. No lipstick, NEVER foundation (not anywhere) and pony tails most of the time....

The natural "blushed and sweaty glow" from running is better than makeup to the men, anyway!

<<<< JENNA >>>>

muscleup36 is offline Female Member

Cool

This is a great post girls. I was doing personal training at 2 GG, and people there ceased to amaze me. Girls who were all G-ED up to workout (yea, right). It was unbelieveable the marriages that were broken up over this. Yes, DRS. & LAWYERS. The sad thing about this situation, is that some of these guys get busted and then their wives decide to get in shape. It's also sad that these men don't give their wives any attention. So, they get the cute girlfriend, the wive feels very insecure, and decides to get in shape.
    That's why I opened my workout studio. I no longer train guys, and the girls I train can wear whatever they want. Most come without make-up unless they need to leave to go some place afterwards.

Its easy to spot girls that are all done up with their makeup and hair spray and thier tatas all over the place.........quess they are fishing for attention instead of hard core work out

muscleup36 is offline Female Member
    Yeah, Chem, Sad but true!

Thread Information