jamphoo is offline Junior Member

help with chest workout

Just wanted to know If anyone knows of an excercise you can do to help expand your chest? I've been working my back really hard to help get me wider up top but my chest seems to be lagging behind.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Are you referring to expanding the rib cage or making your pecs wider?

Neither are possible because they are genetic traits. Just keep working your chest and it will get a bit wider, but mostly just thicken out...

Dips are good for developing the lower pec, the one resonsible for most of the bulk of the chest.

jamphoo is offline Junior Member
    Thanks alot Flexor, Some guy at the gym told me to lay on the bench and lower a db til my arms were parallel with my body. He said It would expand your rib cage.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by jamphoo
    Thanks alot Flexor, Some guy at the gym told me to lay on the bench and lower a db til my arms were parallel with my body. He said It would expand your rib cage.
    He is talking about db pullovers. Arnold believed that if you did these, at a young age, you could expand your rib cage. This, scientifically, hasn't been proven.
    Last edited by Papi93; 12-14-2005 at 05:35 PM.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    for me, doing lots of flys really helped my chest get wide, doing bench seems to make my chest thicker, not wider.

Thread Information