Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member

Need Help With Core And Posture...

I have since I was a little gaffer had poor posture causing me to look like I have a stomach even when body fat low. I am constantly aware of it trying to keep shoulders back or as my girlie puts it," tits up, ass out. I work core by doing planks, side planks, back extensions. I am also aware to keep stomach tight when doing other execises such as; db rows, shoulder presses, etc. I am wondering if anybody knows of other ways to strengthen core, TVA muscle, etc. to help with this? I want to compete seriously next year and would like this not to be a hinderance. I have done several searches but can not seem to find what I am looking for?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadiantiger
    I have since I was a little gaffer had poor posture causing me to look like I have a stomach even when body fat low. I am constantly aware of it trying to keep shoulders back or as my girlie puts it," tits up, ass out. I work core by doing planks, side planks, back extensions. I am also aware to keep stomach tight when doing other execises such as; db rows, shoulder presses, etc. I am wondering if anybody knows of other ways to strengthen core, TVA muscle, etc. to help with this? I want to compete seriously next year and would like this not to be a hinderance. I have done several searches but can not seem to find what I am looking for?
    Have you tried stretching your hip flexors? Tight hip flexors (from TVA work) can pull on your lumbar vertebrae. It sounds like your have covered the various planes of movement for the trunk. Check out some articles by Coach John Davies (Full Contact Twists, Saxon Side Bends, etc.) for some excellent core work. For TVA work, check out articles by Coach Ian King. His training is based off of having complete control of the TVA at all times.

Thx Papi,

I have read some of Ian King's workout actually just started one of his mass programs should have thought to look there.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Guys can you hook me up with some links for better cores ? I hit a lot of compounds exersices(d'lifts, squats, clean jerks, BB rows etc) but still like to hit core more.

Also one thing i learned since i also have bad pasture is when walking dont look down at the ground , you tend to hunch over. Look straight ahead and keep eyes up. That helps me when walking around.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    Guys can you hook me up with some links for better cores ? I hit a lot of compounds exersices(d'lifts, squats, clean jerks, BB rows etc) but still like to hit core more.

Also one thing i learned since i also have bad pasture is when walking dont look down at the ground , you tend to hunch over. Look straight ahead and keep eyes up. That helps me when walking around.
    Check your PMs, bro.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    ever try some powerlfitng routines with using lighter weights and no belt? also i like the use of sit ups, GHR , stiffleg deads , romarian deads. weighted sit ups, high bar squats, reverse hypers, and weightes side bends, alonf with stability traing(wobble boards/ rocker boards, also stability ball exercises.

Hey Doc.Sust,

I just read through your suggestions and like what I read and plan on incorporating some of it as well as some of Ian King's ideas but quick question though I used to do weighted side bends with dumbbells but I started reading alot about how they thicken the waist and take away from the taper alot of bodybuilders are looking for. I am naturally thick in the waist and would not want to become even thicker since I want to seriously compete in fall of 2006 is this true or alot of crap?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadiantiger
    Hey Doc.Sust,

I just read through your suggestions and like what I read and plan on incorporating some of it as well as some of Ian King's ideas but quick question though I used to do weighted side bends with dumbbells but I started reading alot about how they thicken the waist and take away from the taper alot of bodybuilders are looking for. I am naturally thick in the waist and would not want to become even thicker since I want to seriously compete in fall of 2006 is this true or alot of crap?
    if you do execsive(sp) reps and sets it may be true, but if you treat them as an auxillary exercise and don't work side bends as if you are working you biceps, you should be fine

Thx Doc.Sust.

Thread Information