dirtybeast is offline New Member

upper chest and shoulder mass

just wondering what im doing wrong here. I am stuck half way between wanting to get huge and wanting to lift massive weigthts. A power-builder if u like. But at the minute its getting me no-were. I think that my lack of chest and shoulder size is because when i bench i arch my back and pull my shoulders together, dont feel a great burn but lift alot of weight. Same with the shoulder pressing. WHat should i do to increase my size? take the weight down and bench properly?? im just afraid this will affect my max bench. And my pride is at stake. also just wondering, is it essentail to feel the burn all the time to get muscle growth? i cant seem to get a burn with low reps!?

pelly789 is offline Member
    you need to leave your pride/ego at the door and always lift correctly or else you arent going to grow correctly imo i would go down in weight and do the reps in a slow controlled manner correctly it will make you stronger in the long run

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    I would like to see your actual workout laid out b/c the powerlifters I know have massive chests and shoulders. Mine may show better def. but they kill me in all out size.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Definately use correct form...

keth'naab is offline Associate Member
    technique is important.

i'd have to see you bench and see your workout progression to understand the issue

what is your diet like? you eating like a rabbit or like a tyrannosaur?

dirtybeast is offline New Member
    Well my diet is not bad, consuming around 3,500 calories a day. and for my bodyweight of 180lbs that aint bad. i usually do around 4 sets of 5 reps flat bench. then move on tot he incline with a similar ratio. after that i go light and do reps in the range of 10-12 on the pec dec. Then and only then is when i feel the burn. but i cant understand it, because i am going to failur on each set.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybeast
    just wondering what im doing wrong here. I am stuck half way between wanting to get huge and wanting to lift massive weigthts. A power-builder if u like. But at the minute its getting me no-were. I think that my lack of chest and shoulder size is because when i bench i arch my back and pull my shoulders together, dont feel a great burn but lift alot of weight. Same with the shoulder pressing. WHat should i do to increase my size? take the weight down and bench properly?? im just afraid this will affect my max bench. And my pride is at stake. also just wondering, is it essentail to feel the burn all the time to get muscle growth? i cant seem to get a burn with low reps!?
    It sounds like you want both mass and strength. Check out this article and it will give you a blend of both. http : // www . t - nation . com / read Topic . do ? id = 459321. Type this into the address bar and go. Don't take offense to the name of the article. It is an excellent read and you will learn valuable information for your goals. You can also add a repetition day for your mass needs.

Thread Information