Thread: Iron mans H.I.T

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

Iron mans H.I.T

Wondering if some EXPERIENCED and knowledable member could go up to the sticky and check out this routine. I see gains working muscles this way, more then once a week, but 3 sets for chest in a week seems alitt,e low, and i wanna add a few sets/resp to this workout, wondering if someone could look it over n then take a look at my modified version, and tell me if im overtraining????

ohh yea its in the sticky various training techniques, last one on the page

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    1. you can always try it.

2. for many, 3 sets is more than enought

3. do a program the way it is intended. many people try tweaking things here and there in a program and end up ****ing up. then they go and cry so and so program didnt work when they were not following to the tea in the first place

i just feel like adding thise 2 sets of 8-10 really make me feel like i get a good workout, if i only do the reccomended 3 i feel like i havnt accomplished nething, n it sux leaving the gym not feeling like u gave it ur all, i did this for 7 weeks n am currently in my 10 day layoff, i LOVED!! this type of training , n made impressive gains, just wondering if i am FAWKING it up, or this is is no big deal

P.S I reccomend this type of program TO EVERYONE who wants to get bigger QUIKER!!!!!! amaazing gains, but word to the wise, YOU HAVE TO EAT A TON, your always hungry, which to me showed that my body wanted to grow, n it was working, my diet wasnt great during my first go round, but now i got my cal ups to 4300, n im ready to give it 2 more cycles(lifting), then gonna cut for summer

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    i havnt looked at the program, but it is layed out the way it is for a reason. The lower the volume, the higher the frequency. the volume is as low as it is for a reason. to make full recoveries for the next workout. you start going over that volume, you may require more recovery time and or not be fully recovered for hte next workout in which performance will be inhibited.

But most importantly, as long as you are making fast consistant gains, DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. if you did the low volume like the program said to, and you made amazing and fast gains and you wanna do more all of a sudden because "you feel like it even though you dont need it" that would be a foolish thing to do imo

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    I've started this routine about 4 weeks ago and it is working well so far. I needed a change and this seems to be working for me right now. When you say 3 sets for chest a week, it is actually 6 sets per week since you are working chest roughly twice a week.

I feel with this workout that I am getting a solid workout and enough rest in between workouts. I was working out 6 days a week before doing each bodypart once a week, but I don't feel that my cns was recoverying very well.

in responce to ironreload, the lat cycle i did i actuall added more, but felt it was alittle bit to much, so i toned it down. I added in deads(which he said was ok) but doing squats n deads in the same day high intensity, then doing them again in a few days just wasnt possible for me, so i just do 3 sets of squats for legs, thats it!! ne way im gonna go ahead with the workout i posted abive, its identical to the HIT except for the added 2 sets of 8-10, ill let you guys know how it goes, but for neones whos intrested last time i gained 6 pounds in a month, n my diet wasnt NEWHERE near it needed to be, and my arms grew ALOT!! im gonna ahve proper bulking diet this tim aroud, and throw in some mono, ill let u guys know how it goes

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    the volume is as low as it is for a reason. to make full recoveries for the next workout.
    The volume is low because you are going balls to the wall on each set as well.
    Right now I'm running Dc's program.And it calls for 1 set per body part(3x weekly).But the set is all out.Go to failure,then rest pause.Get a few more reps,then rest pause again,then a few more reps til you destroy the muscle in one set.Followed by extreme stretching.After that,you won't be able to do another set if done correctly.And you have plenty of energy left to recover PWO.

~Pinnacle~

Yea, Ive really gone sour on the once a week method for bulking , ive seen 10x better gains this way, and feel liek so many people r short changing themselves. And when i see people ask about bulking workouts, n people say 12 sets of chest on monday, 12 sets for legs tues, etc etc etc i just cant understand why, o well all i can do is get the work out
    Hey pinnacle i was gonna try th eDC traiing, but dont think i could handle that type of workout 3 times a week, u feel like u recovery quik enuff, i know the eccomended diet is REDICULOUS like 500 grams protein 5,000 cals or something like that

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    Yea, Ive really gone sour on the once a week method for bulking , ive seen 10x better gains this way, and feel liek so many people r short changing themselves. And when i see people ask about bulking workouts, n people say 12 sets of chest on monday, 12 sets for legs tues, etc etc etc i just cant understand why, o well all i can do is get the work out
    Hey pinnacle i was gonna try th eDC traiing, but dont think i could handle that type of workout 3 times a week, u feel like u recovery quik enuff, i know the eccomended diet is REDICULOUS like 500 grams protein 5,000 cals or something like that
    Yes...bear in mind you are doing one working set per body part.It's actually 3 sets a week for each muscle group.Not easy at all.Looks easy on paper,but.......

~Pinnacle~

Thread Information