Stayinstacked's new hardgainer chest routine

Been doing this lately, works quite well

Bench press; 3 work sets of 3/4 movements(6-8 reps), down all the way and up 1/2-3/4 (keeps constant tension on pecs and throws out some of the shoulders and rest period at the top, I tend to have overpowering front delts)

Incline bench: 3 sets of 6-8, 3/4 movement

decline bench: 2 sets of 10-12, 3/4 movement

flat db presses: 3 sets of 8-10 (dont worry about the weight, just focus on form and squeeze)

low incline db press: 3 sets of 8-10

low incline db fly's: 3 sets of 15, supersetted w/ pushups(3 sets of as many as possible until your face hits the floor)

Thats it, takes a good hour w/ adequate rest b/ sets. It's worked well for me, sore as a bitch afterwards. I think this is a great program for somebody w/ genetically over powering delts, my shoulders do not feel burned at all, it's all chest.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    For gaining mass, id never do that many sets in one workout, not saying it wont work, n maybe its what works for u. But ive been doing this type of workout once a week for a while, and recently switched over to a lighter load(high intensityonly 5 work sets) twice a week, and not trying to be cliche, but i have DEF seen 2x the results bye working the muscle twice a week, JMO

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd be grossly over-trained on that, but if it works for you that's all that matters.

~SC~

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey swole, im not expert, but ive tried both workouts, n ive seen INCREDIBLY better results with the twice a week method, wondering why u think it is over training,....??

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I'd be grossly over-trained on that

~SC~
    No shit!!!That's a NO Gainers program!

~Pinnacle~

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    wow

i do 1/3 of all that...way too much!

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I'd be grossly over-trained on that, but if it works for you that's all that matters.

~SC~

I can see where it'd be overtraining if every one of those sets was all out balls to the wall, but I forgot to mention that only the last set of each exercise is all out. I'm trying to take the gradual warm up approach as opposed to the one or two sets then all out 3 work sets. I discussed this routine w/ a good buddy of mine who competes in Nationals tonight, he thought it was a little excessive himself, so I think eo workout we're going to drop the sets down and train heavier. Who knows, its just something different, we'll see what happens

Thread Information