bonsey is offline Junior Member

Thoughts about training this way

For the past week at the gym I have adopted a kind of unorthodox style of training. For instance yesterday I did chest, shoulders, and triceps. I started with 3 sets on the bench, rested then went to 3 sets of skull crushers. Rested again then did 3 sets of standing dumbell presses. for the remainder of the workout I continued the same pattern chest excercise, tri excercise, shoulder excercise etc. I am thinking of doing the same thing for bi's and back (3 sets pull ups, 3 sets curls etc) and legs (3 sets squats, 3 sets leg curls). Tell me what y'all think?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    its circuit training, i don't like it, i feel you beat yourself up to much using this strategy and don't maximize your potential strength with one muscle group because you are haphazzardly jumping form exercise to exercise focusing on to may groups in one setting, hellif its working for you more power to you, but i know i wouldn't get the best results training like this

bonsey is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Doc. I just thought about switching up my routine a little bit, but you're right you cannot get maximal output from one muscle group when you mix it up like that.

if youre going to do multiple muscle groups on the same day done one muscle then move to the next

Quote Originally Posted by GunTotingHipGangster
    if youre going to do multiple muscle groups on the same day done one muscle then move to the next
    agree!

something like this is good for 4 wks or so foar a change, but not permanent

Thread Information