Thread: workout routine

flexshack is offline Member

workout routine

hey guys
    i am always hearing that people target certain areas on certain days at the gym. ex. legs on monday, chest and shoulders wed., etc... i was wondering if it is okay to do whole body workouts every other day? i don't like to split body parts up so i have been doing this for some time now. actually i have never split parts up, i have always done this. it is a little difficult to perform at my best towards the end of my routine but i manage by taking a little longer rests in between lifts. is this okay? i also think that with my first cycle of roids coming up soon, it will be easier to handle such a workout plan. thanks
    flex

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Bro, Do whatever works for you. If you are seeing positive results in what you are currently doing, why change a good thing? Now, if you're not seeing the results you would like, maybe it's time to change things. But, as far as I'm concerned, as long as you are taking enough time to concentrate on one specific area, you should be fine.

P

Ms Figure is offline Retired Moderator
    Just a little bit of advice! Have you ever heard of overtraining! I know they say whatever works for you, but theoretically your body takes up to 72 hours or more from one workout! you may ache for 72hrs then think you are fully repaired but this isnt necesarily the case.

If you think about it this way Chest is a main bodypart and triceps are a secondary muscle which also get hit when you train chest so in effect you are training your triceps twice a week if you train them with arms and they get hit with chest!

If you are doing what you say and are training full body every other day there is no way your body will be repairing in time for your next workout! I know you say you dont want to split up body parts but i do think that as a serious lifter about to take a course you should really be considering your body! You say you are tired by the end of your workout i doubt you are not only physically tired but mentally too! Scientifically every time you train you are effectivly breaking down the muscle encouraging it to grow if we use a cut as an example, if you scratch yourself and leave the scratch it will form a scab and heal but if you pick the scab it will bleed and take longer to repair so in effect you are not fully reparing you are probably hindering your muscle growth!

Ok when you take ASS it does build up improved nitrogen retention and protein synthasis and enable you to repair quicker but i still feel whether you are on a cycle or not you should still let your body fully recover!

Are you training your body to the same intensity at the end as you did at the start i mean are you muscle getting a second class workout!

JMO I dont think you should be considering a course until you have your training schedual spot on how is your diet looking?
    Ms Figure

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Yep Gotta agree with Ms Figure.

Shit bro do you grow?

hey thanks for the replies. ms. figure, even on roids you don't think i should do full body workout every other day? if not what routine do you like? thanks.
    flex

Hey there is no problem in throwing in the odd full body workout im not saying that at all but i do feel you will definitly see results by spliting up body parts! Mentally too you can focus on one Body part at a time i cant tell you a split because you need to find what works for you but give it a try for a few weeks at least and see how you get on!

I do

Mon - Back / Hams
    Tue - Chest
    Wed - Off
    Thursday - Quads & Calfs
    Friday - Shoulders & Rear Delts
    Saturday - Bis / tris

I do four exercises 3 sets for larger muscle groups and 3 exercises 3 sets for smaller BP

I tend to do Bis and tris as far from Chest & Back as i can however so they get adequate rest before being hit as a secondary!

As i said i cant tell you how to train some people only do 1 set per exercise some 2 some 4 - 5 it depends what works you should by now know how your body responds to reps and sets and if you keep a training journal you can see when you are improving but before taking the roids have a two week split training session to see how you get on i can almost guarantee you will be happier!
    Ms Figure

thanks

thanks ms. figure. i will take your advice. btw, can you help me out on different lifts that target the rear delts (posterior) and the front delts (anterior)? i do many different shoulder lifts but i am never quite sure as to which targets which. thanks for all your help.
    flex

Anterior Delts

Milary Press
    Machine Press
    D.B raises to the front
    Upright rows
    D.B press, not as mcuh hit the lateral head hard too.

Rear delts
    Cable Rear-delts
    Bentover D.b Raises
    Seated Bentover d.b Raises

To name but a few.

A good book is Muscle Mechanices it lists every exercise and which muscles they hit.
    Ms Figure

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Got to agree with the replies I,ve read remember the phrase the growing happens outside the gym?

You,re body needs to recover if you over train it will be counter productive and pointless.In BB less is more..I have trained this way many years ago and made very little progress.As Ms_Figure pointed out a lot of the muscles you train also have secondary muscles being trained as well.

Use a split system and you will find gains appear quicker - I promise!!

Thread Information