lzicc is offline Senior Member

T-Bar row equipment question

I am going to add t-bar rows to my back workout and have a choice between 2 different machines shown below. I workout at home, so I will need to buy something. I was just going to grab the bar itself but I would rather have some kind of handle. Is there any pros and cons between the two? I like the seated one since it would seem to be easier on the back, but will I get the same effect as I would with the regular bar? Or is there anything out there that may be a better choice? THX!

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I am a free weight advocate so I'm going with the t-bar attachment for a barbell. It will also save you some money so you can add more equipment to your home gym. The seated row is a nice piece of equipment. I have used one similar to this one. It is nice when you're looking to isolate the upper back more. The lower back is not a limiting factor.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I just grab on to the bar and row, but if I had to chose, I'd choose the second one.

So you guys think that the second one will give me better results? Not too worried about the money as my wife is trying to find out what to buy me for Christmas, so I am trying to make it easy on her.

One thing that worries me about the first one is that once you pull the weight up, does it getting lighter since it is cambered the way it is?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    free weights always yield best results,machines are a waste.there is another machine i do love,it is a standing tbar row, most gyms have them. i like it better because your back is suported and also you can recruite more fibers standing than if you were seated

I found ones like that but none of them that I saw for sale had the chest support. The ones that I saw look like the pic below.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    free weights always yield best results,machines are a waste.there is another machine i do love,it is a standing tbar row, most gyms have them. i like it better because your back is suported and also you can recruite more fibers standing than if you were seated

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    I found ones like that but none of them that I saw for sale had the chest support. The ones that I saw look like the pic below.

I used one of these in college. I liked it but your lower back as to work very hard as a stabilizer. I know of the one Doc Sust is talking about but I'm not sure where you can buy one.

Tattoo70 is offline Associate Member
    I just put the "v" of my easy curl bar under the bar I'm going to row and do it that way. The push of the bar backwards keeps it from sliding. Works great and is free. Give it a try and save your money....

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    personally id go with a set of dumbells, maybe 70 or 80 lbs. you can do more than just rows with those, plus you can do different variations of rows by changing you grip.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    There was a really good seated row machine at my old college. You could flip the levers over and turn it into a seated shrug exercise. I looked loading up the plates for the neutral-grip shrugs. If you can find one like this, I would definitely give it thumbs up.

Thread Information