KingMike is offline Associate Member

Cardio before weights?

A few weeks ago I started lifting at my friends house and had an idea last week. Since I started doing morning cardio and lifting in the evening I have felt like shit becuase I think about the lifting all day and by the time it comes, I am worn down mentally. Plus, at 31, I am tired from 4 o'clock on no matter matter how I eat. Anyway my friend lives exactly 39 minutes away by walking. So last week I walked there 5 days a week to lift and found that my heartrate was between 115-130 BPM. I got to his house unpacked my oats and stuff, ate breakfast, played some video games and lift4ed 2 hours later. I must say that it is the best I have felt in a year due to the fact that all my stuff is done by noon and I can relax the rest of the day.Also, my breakfast is 800-900 calories. I just figured I would try this for the heck of it. Has anyone else ever done such a thing? Just wanted to hear some thoughts.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i like to take a power nap in the afternoon and then go workout. have you tried napping to recharge ?

KingMike is offline Associate Member
    Tried but I am so busy with school and stuff I cannot.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    getting your lifting done early is ideal, in the morning your test.levels are at there highest, as the day goes on they drop.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    never do cardio before weights if you are gonna do them together...always weights then cardio. but i prefer to do them seperate.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    never do cardio before weights if you are gonna do them together...always weights then cardio. but i prefer to do them seperate.
    all the way! light walking to warm up for 5 or ten min is ok, but not a half hour of walking on a high incline or eliptical, thats just suicide! your strength and size will go rt in the crapper

TR'05 is offline Member
    well if you are going the cardio and having a big break before the weight training....2 + hours....it sounds like it should work out well. Id give it a few weeks to see how your progress is.

As far as cardio immediately before weight training- definately a big no-no, as you obviously know. I quickly skimmed your post and it sounds good to me, although i would suggest waiting 30-45 minutes after your walk before eating the breakfast.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    If it works for you and gives you the best workouts then keep doing it. If ur getting a 2 hour rest period u sould be fine. Is it a perfect ideal situtaion, no, but hey i know my approach isnt perfect,b ut u gotta make it work with ur schedule and body

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    getting your lifting done early is ideal, in the morning your test.levels are at there highest, as the day goes on they drop.
    Thank God for thermogenics.

Remember that you are depleting much need glycogen doing cardio before lifting ( in general). But in your case you seem to have a good meal and a break so if it works for you go for it.

Thread Information