Thread: sauna suits?

man boobes is offline Junior Member

sauna suits?

anyone use one of these sauna suits? i know wrestlers used to use them if they needed to drop a few pounds before a match. I did a quick google on them and bally's sells them. Thought about maybe getting a set but not totally sold on the idea.

anyone have any feedback?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    If you not an athlete in a sport that requires you make a weight division, you won't need the sauna suit. If you need to make weight for competition, then they can come in handy. The best way to make weight is not letting your weight go too high above your weight class. That's in a perfect world though.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by man boobes
    anyone use one of these sauna suits? i know wrestlers used to use them if they needed to drop a few pounds before a match. I did a quick google on them and bally's sells them. Thought about maybe getting a set but not totally sold on the idea.

anyone have any feedback?
    I believe most Bally's have saunas. The sauna can be nice for warming up your joints before workouts (for those with joint problems).

USMCSS is offline Associate Member
    I have one and the only time I use it is if I feel like I'm REALLY retaining alot of water. I crank up a space heater in my basement and jump on my excercise bike for about 45 minutes. I feel completely "cleansed" afterwards.

If you want a good quality DURABLE suit that will last you forever, get the one made by Everlast, the boxing supply company. The Bally's suits suck. They tear easy at the seams.

flyguy7 is offline Associate Member
    Some of my heavier coaches like to wear these things to practice instead of working out. From what I've been told they're mostly just useable for making a lower weight in a hurry, but you'll gain back the water you lose later. Never used them myself though.

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    I use to put garbage bags under my sweat suit in high school when i was trying to make weight and go in the sauna for a little while, seems to help.. but probably only lost water weight.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCSS
    I have one and the only time I use it is if I feel like I'm REALLY retaining alot of water. I crank up a space heater in my basement and jump on my excercise bike for about 45 minutes. I feel completely "cleansed" afterwards.

If you want a good quality DURABLE suit that will last you forever, get the one made by Everlast, the boxing supply company. The Bally's suits suck. They tear easy at the seams.
    Forgot to mention that. Get a quality sauna suit because a cheap will tear out very easily (for me, the crotch area).

Thread Information