What are your tips for having a good workout?

I want everyone to chip in on what it takes for me to have the best workout possible. Here are some of the things I've learned that if I do I will have a good workout every single time...

1. Eat your meals on time! When I don't eat every couple hours my blood sugar level starts to dip up and down like a roller coaster and I'm guarenteed not to have a good workout. Eating accordingly is the single biggest thing for me.

2. Become anti-social. Bring your own music. I seriously become autistic when I'm working out. Every single set is a challenge of how hard I can push myself. I like to DJ my music to keep my mood going and not get distracted. I also never make eye contact with anyone. Also, a technique I've picked up to push myself hardest during a set is to sort of cross my eyes and blur out my vision and then just imagine my muscles. It's a night and day difference.

3. Get your workouts done early. Just get it done. No excuses. Morning you are guarenteed to have the most energy and during the day you can pick up distractions and other things that can throw you off. Also, a shot of espresso before a workout never hurts, either.

Ok...Well, I've shared what has worked for me. I want to hear what you guys are doing!

Quote Originally Posted by notanormalgent
    I want everyone to chip in on what it takes for me to have the best workout possible. Here are some of the things I've learned that if I do I will have a good workout every single time...

1. Eat your meals on time! When I don't eat every couple hours my blood sugar level starts to dip up and down like a roller coaster and I'm guarenteed not to have a good workout. Eating accordingly is the single biggest thing for me.

2. Become anti-social. Bring your own music. I seriously become autistic when I'm working out. Every single set is a challenge of how hard I can push myself. I like to DJ my music to keep my mood going and not get distracted. I also never make eye contact with anyone. Also, a technique I've picked up to push myself hardest during a set is to sort of cross my eyes and blur out my vision and then just imagine my muscles. It's a night and day difference.

3. Get your workouts done early. Just get it done. No excuses. Morning you are guarenteed to have the most energy and during the day you can pick up distractions and other things that can throw you off. Also, a shot of espresso before a workout never hurts, either.

Ok...Well, I've shared what has worked for me. I want to hear what you guys are doing!

Thats some great advice right there. Here goes mine, picture in your head what you want to look like as your doing your set and dont want to do another rep

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member

1. Eat your meals on time! When I don't eat every couple hours my blood sugar level starts to dip up and down like a roller coaster and I'm guarenteed not to have a good workout.
    you probably need some chromium picolinate to fix that problem...when your blood sugar levels drop like that your body produces cortisol which eats away your muscles...you wont always have food handy so i always pop 400mg of chromium picolinate and im back to normal. yeah i know what that feels like though and it really does not feel good...start sweating, freaking out (OH MY GOD IM LOSING MUSCLE), faint, nauseous, hungry...i hate it.

3. Get your workouts done early. Just get it done. No excuses. Morning you are guarenteed to have the most energy and during the day you can pick up distractions and other things that can throw you off.
    your test levels are also at their highest in the morning and at the lowest in the evening...cortisol levels are also a lot higher in the evening.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    you got it pretty much covered, but personally i like to eat 40 grams of whey protein and half a cup of oatmeal immediately before i leave for the gym, and immediately after i get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    you got it pretty much covered, but personally i like to eat 40 grams of whey protein and half a cup of oatmeal immediately before i leave for the gym, and immediately after i get back.
    i dont like eating immediately before working out...your body will still be working on digesting the food by the time you start working out.

Triposinator is offline Associate Member
    I don't eat just before I go in the gym door either. But I do eat before I leave the house. Really a function of what you eat too. 1/2 cup of oatmeal 30 minutes pre workout isn't going to whack your workout. Oatmeal is the necture of the Gods

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    i dont like eating immediately before working out...your body will still be working on digesting the food by the time you start working out.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    I think consistency for me is biggest thing got be in the gym atleast 3 days a week for myself and i'm more than happy to be i couldn't lift for like a year do to a torn rotator cuff.

As your doing your set, think of that really hot chick in the gym and how bad you wanna bone her, it'll help you bust out some reps.

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    As your doing your set, think of that really hot chick in the gym and how bad you wanna bone her, it'll help you bust out some reps.
    i used to think of lindsay lohan during every set....before she got on all that crack! (this probably got my test levels high too)

USMCSS is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    I agree. Plus, if I eat right before I walk in the door, I am almost guaranteed to puke it up. I push myself HARD. I almost always chuck up a little water during workouts because I pound water in between sets. If i don't puke up a little, I don't feel I'm pushing myself hard enough. I get my meal in about an hour ahead of time.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    i think you misunderstood, i said i eat before i leave for the gym, not as im walking in the door

USMCSS is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    i think you misunderstood, i said i eat before i leave for the gym, not as im walking in the door
    Not much of a difference for me as it only takes me a total of about 15 minutes to walk out my front door and be sitting on a weight bench at the gym. Like I said, I have to eat at least 45 minutes to an hour before I walk out the door.

Thread Information