Weekend Warrior is offline Junior Member

Am I burning enough calories doing cardio

Well I burn around 550-600calories during my cardio session. I do this 6days a week after my workouts. Do you guys think this is sufficent when cutting?

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Weekend Warrior
    Well I burn around 550-600calories during my cardio session. I do this 6days a week after my workouts. Do you guys think this is sufficent when cutting?

Way too broad of a question. Current BF%? Goal????

To be buring that many calories you must be doing a lot of cardio. Are you running at your THR for about 45 minutes??? Or are you spriting b/c that's a lot of calories. That's important b/c I want to make sure ou're not tapping into muscle for energy.

Right now im about 225 20% bf I would like to get down to around 200-210 12-15%bf range. I do 30min on the eliptical at a pretty high level. I go pretty intense but usually stay around 170 bpm which is right around my target hr. I have been doing this for about 4months and have lost about 45pds while still getting stronger. I think im about to platue though so I no im prob gona have to tweak on my diet and wanted to see what your guys opinions were on my cardio. Thanks for any help

To tell you the truth I feel that I could go alot longer if needed on the cardio. Im not spent at all when im done. It just 30min is a long boring time with no mp3 player lol

ttt anybody? could use some advice

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    It depends on how many calories your eating also, lol if your eating 4500 calories then no its prob not enuff, but if ur diet is on target, then that should be enuff

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    It depends on how many calories your eating also, lol if your eating 4500 calories then no its prob not enuff, but if ur diet is on target, then that should be enuff
    i agree....

Also your asking advice on loosing bf all the basics you need are right here in this forum put them in to play….along with a good diet and you’ll be on your way
    Last edited by S.P.G; 12-19-2005 at 02:16 PM.

Im taking in around 1500-2000cals a day

Thread Information