Kraye is offline New Member

I'm Patient, How Long Should I Wait?

Although I've stayed active in sports and outdoor activities I haven't "formally" worked out in any form or fashion for quite a few years. How long should I workout before starting a beginner cycle? A month? 2? more? I've been doing a 3 day split at the gym for about 3 weeks now and I can feel already how much stronger ( and sore, heh) I'm getting.

mamias20918756 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraye
    Although I've stayed active in sports and outdoor activities I haven't "formally" worked out in any form or fashion for quite a few years. How long should I workout before starting a beginner cycle? A month? 2? more? I've been doing a 3 day split at the gym for about 3 weeks now and I can feel already how much stronger ( and sore, heh) I'm getting.
    lifting weights has nothing to do with other sports.
    The best and quickest gains, for sb that has never tried BB before, come once u start ur BB routine.
    Set some goals (bulking/cutting, check the diet forum), cause this is the time that u can achieve great goals just naturally through proper training and diet.
    Steroids do help alot when u come to a point that for some reason u don't seem to gain more...
    Stay naturall for at least couple of years, then start a cycle, (if u really need one, this is something u need to define..)
    In the mean time stick on this site and make some research, so that when time comes, u'll know better

Thanks for the reply Mamias but here is some info on myself that I guess I should have put in my OP.

Although I haven't worked out in a long time I have worked out in the past and followed the proper diets and a trained hard. I have experienced great strength gains, never was a problem for me, but size gains are illusive to me. My bodytype doesn't seem to allow for any real or significant gains. I'm 6'5" at 217 lbs....... bony and skinny. And working out just decreases my bodyfat making me look even more thin. I have a great appetite and rarely am I without something in my hand to chew on. My metabolism just seems to be on overdrive all the time, and i'm 32! you'd think it would have slowed down a little by now.
    I will be reading and learning all I can about the proper use of roids and have been given some great links in this forum for begginers by another member. I'm not looking to get huge but I could easily carry 30lbs of lean muscle at my height. So, my origonal question stands.......how long should I prep my body in the gym until I start a begginer cycle?

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    in the end it pays to be patient, you will be bigger with less damage to your body if you gain as much as you can naturally then start juicing than if you were to immediately start. but honestly im sounding a little hypocritical right now cause i am anything but patient.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    fu_k it bro, if i were you id wait about 6 months, preferably a year, then start roiding. some people might say thats not enough time, but it should be ok, as long as you make sure you eat alot and get enough rest during that time to maximize your gains.
    Last edited by Tren Bull; 12-17-2005 at 11:41 PM.

Pro_built7 is offline Member
    If you haven't ever seriously lifted before why do you want to jump into steroids like that, do you have a good diet , just having something in your hand to "chew on" isn't the best if what your chewing on is crap. why don't you see how you can gain naturally for a year or so before doing a cycle. theres to many variables for you to consider roids yet bro,

~PB

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    3-5 years min

Thanks guys for your advice. Like I said, I am patient, and I can wait and keep up in the gym with a serious commitment until I'm ready. I hope my OP didn't come off as "I want it NOW" because that wasn't my intention. I was sincere in getting advice on how long I should put forth a serious effort before considering any enhancements.
    I'm back at the gym after many years and almost at my 4th week. My fridge and cupboards look like a health food store, my wife has never been happier heh. I've logged my all my dimensions (except bodyfat, not sure how to do that one) and will keep a steady record on my progress and post them in the forums for any advice on how I can improve. I've read alot already and theres nowhere else I'd rather ask advice, to put it bluntly...."you guys KNOW your shit"

Thread Information