Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

16 59.26%
  • no

11 40.74%
    operationgetbig is offline Senior Member

flexing in between sets

how many people constantly flex and look in the mirrors in between sets. i feel like im the only one who does it at my gym. i flex and analyze myself constantly during my workouts.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    i feel its a must.......it gets you in to your training

I recommend stretching and flex your muscles to further promote growth and development.

flex your mind, not just your muscle. That means forgetting about what's going on around you, making that mind-body connection, not just acting like a poser lol

Flexor is offline Banned
    so far its a clean sweep with four votes for yes...

I bet the final percentage will be around 90 when enough people have voted

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    I recommend stretching and flex your muscles to further promote growth and development.
    Ding Ding..we have a winner!!

I flex in between sets.And when I'm finished working the muscle group is when I stretch it out really well.Quite amazing how that aids in recovery.I also stretch before sleep,and upon wakening in the morning.

~Pinnacle~

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle

I flex in between sets.And when I'm finished working the muscle group is when I stretch it out really well.Quite amazing how that aids in recovery.I also stretch before sleep,and upon wakening in the morning.

~Pinnacle~
    Agreed Pin........

MJ

chest6 is offline Banned
    I dont, but I guess I should start.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont like to flex inbetween sets but i do like to stretch a lot...i feel like im trying to show off or something when im flexing between sets...but if there is one of those douche bags in the gym with the "lat syndrome" (you know the type of guy that only works out upperbody and has the worst legs and after every set sticks out his lats as far as they go and acts like they are raising his arms up) then i will usually stand right beside him and pull up my shorts and flex my quads right in front of him just to show him whats up. i hate those guys that try to act all tough just because they lift heavy weights improperly.

Flexor is offline Banned

~Pinnacle~
    As long as you're stretching your muscles and not your joints, way to go! I really should stretch more, I try to at opportune moments throughout the day when I have really bad aches, but I should do it after exercise as well etc

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    I dont like to flex inbetween sets but i do like to stretch a lot...i feel like im trying to show off or something when im flexing between sets...but if there is one of those douche bags in the gym with the "lat syndrome" (you know the type of guy that only works out upperbody and has the worst legs and after every set sticks out his lats as far as they go and acts like they are raising his arms up) then i will usually stand right beside him and pull up my shorts and flex my quads right in front of him just to show him whats up. i hate those guys that try to act all tough just because they lift heavy weights improperly.
    Yeah i agree with you. Bastards

Even though I'm a small guy, I lift correctly with weights that are appropriate for my own strength/natural tolerance. As long as I am developed beyond them for my own size, I'm happy...

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    As long as you're stretching your muscles and not your joints, way to go!
    I'm pretty careful with the joints(I'm no spring chicken).I use DC's method of extreme stretching after the muscle group is trained.Later in the evening I just do very simple stretching exercises.I use my GF's cord for some lite stretch work.Keeps me from being tight,and also aids in mobility.I'm pretty flexable for the weight I carry.

~Pinnacle~

I don't flex. I cover up when I work out. I do stretch though.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    i flex and stretch... it's part of my training.

when i started competing my coach made me pose at the end of each set to get a better connection with my muscles.

This connection made posing onstage (i.e. posing without mirrors) easy.

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    I get made fun of a lot...
    "hey brucie, if you actually lifted the weights instead of flexing you'd be huge..."
    my response...
    "hey fattie, if you flexed a little in between sets, you might see a muscle under all that fat..."
    i am a firm believer that flexing makes you more ripped....
    I got the idea out of schwarzeneggers book when he said "posing is 50%, training and diet is the other 50%..."
    his arguement is that if you can't flex and pose your muscles properly, they you are setting your self up for defeat...
    stretching and flexing is part of my training...
    flexing does so much for you. People who don't do it, I simply don't work out with.... They can hate all they want, but in the end, I am always more ripped than the guys who don't know how to pose...

I just show up at bb contests and walk onto the stage dry and cold and blow everyone away.

ok. ok.....during contest prep I usually practice my posing routine starting about 4 weeks out. I'll do it 3 times a week.

I'm drug free.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I also stretch before sleep,and upon wakening in the morning.

~Pinnacle~
    Be very, very careful about stretching cold muscles. Think of your muscles as having the consistancy of cold gum when their not warmed up, you stretch it and you run a high rosk of tearing it!. Thats why we must warm up a muscle group first, get it nice and warm and pliable before stretching it. Then train it and stretch again (gently) after training. And that should be enough for proper flexablity and recovery.

singern is offline Banned
    In the gym, in the car, in the bathroom...........I have become a mirror magnet, flexing and posing, I found myself doing it in an elevator the other day at a hotel.

Thread Information