Thread: home gym limits

jmax is offline Associate Member

home gym limits

I have a power rack and 600 lbs. of wieght. 40 lb. d-bells, so my exercises are limited. my routine is 6 sets of bench 4-8 reps
    4 " " d-bell flyes
    4 " d-bell curls and str. bar curls, rev. curls

Flexor is offline Banned
    You need a split so that you can properly concentrate on the different parts of the body. Exercises such as pullups, rows, bench presses, deadlifts, squats, dips etc are essential. These are multi joint exercises not isolations, and they should form the major part of your routine.

What are your stats, height, weight, goals, arms etc

Search the forums for the word 'split' or 'routine' or 'critique'. Read the posts and get an idea of what people are doing in terms of workout routines and splits. Its not effective to just do a few exercises for the whole of your body on one day, and then repeat it a few days later.

Also, quite importantly there is no leg workout there. Leg workouts around 15 reps especially squats and deadlifts, will increase your GH and test levels and will help you build muscle elsewhere.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    u can do so much with a cage, lets see just for press, you can do close grip, partial presses, , j m presses , modified grip rack lock outs, floor presses, get a movable bench that can incline and decline, and you have two more exercises. jmpresses, reverse grip press, you can also do curls, tri extensions , push presses for shoulders, squats,high ba squats, olympuc squats, cleans, snatch, deadlifts, partial deadlifts, bent over rows, goodmornings, the list goes on and on. as a poerlifter, in my home gym, i have a cage a lat machine and dbelss up to 100lbs and i find a hell of alot of things to do with just this. i have a few other machines i never use, but the cage is my bread and butter. you can make boards for board presses, add in bands and chains to the core movemnets, the limits are unbelievable if you do your homework

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    You need a split so that you can properly concentrate on the different parts of the body. Exercises such as pullups, rows, bench presses, deadlifts, squats, dips etc are essential. These are multi joint exercises not isolations, and they should form the major part of your routine.

What are your stats, height, weight, goals, arms etc

Search the forums for the word 'split' or 'routine' or 'critique'. Read the posts and get an idea of what people are doing in terms of workout routines and splits. Its not effective to just do a few exercises for the whole of your body on one day, and then repeat it a few days later.

Also, quite importantly there is no leg workout there. Leg workouts around 15 reps especially squats and deadlifts, will increase your GH and test levels and will help you build muscle elsewhere.
    as a powrl;ifter i cant agre that squating for 15 is a good idead or deadlifting for 15 try btwn 5- 10 reps for 3 - 5 sets.

Thread Information