freakintraining is offline Associate Member

16 weeks to trim down

whats up fellas, ive been training for some time now, 5 years, past 3 months i havent even looked at a weight do to personal issues (family death) and i havent been eating that great but im ready to get back in, i have gained some fat around my midesction that has always been stubborn, but can i get some help on a workout plan for the next 4 months that will be best for muscle growth and fat burning, i am gettin married in may and want to look good, i am 5 11, 235 right now due to not lifting or anyhting prolly around 15% bf i gain mass quit easily but burn fat slow....another thing is icant do cardio in the am to my type of job, i do construction and am out the door by 6 am so i have to do it in the evening after i lift......is that ok? please help bro i figured you all are the best in the bis so help me

anyone?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd encourage you to get up earlier and do cardio.

You'll thank yourself for it, believe me.

You "can" do it later, yes, but I'd never mix it w/working out, no.

Find a time to place everything and stick to it. Use the diet forum for the sample approaches if you need direction.

~SC~

say i do get up go to the gym then off to work, should i eat right whne im done doing cardio or should i wait an hour or so?.......

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by freakintraining
    say i do get up go to the gym then off to work, should i eat right whne im done doing cardio or should i wait an hour or so?.......
    Yeh, but have coffee before your cardio. Its not a problem, in fact its a good idea. Caffeine helps to stimulate lipolysis (fat burning in adipose tissue beneath the skin) rather than using glucose and protein (which you don't want, as you won't lose fat and you will burn up your muscle protein). It also elevates the heart rate so you can train better. You might need two cups for it to have an effect, and it will definitely wake you up.

Eat breakfast afterwards, don't leave it an hour. Your body will be highly catabolic after a night without food and it will be craving nutrients after your cardio. Don't go and eat loads of fat though.

Because I'm a whizz at the search tool, here is your original thread about a similar topic from a few months back. Read it again and maybe you will get some ideas you missed.

http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?t=194583
    Last edited by Flexor; 12-27-2005 at 03:35 PM.

Thread Information