BigIsBest is offline Junior Member

can someone comment on my split?

Mon- Chest and tri's
    Tues- Back and bi's
    Wed- Rest
    Thurs- Shoulders and forearms
    Fri- Legs
    Sat- Rotating example chest and tris, the week after will be back and bi's etc
    Sun- Rest

so on saturdays a body part gets trained twice

what you guys think? change it or leave it?

Flexor is offline Banned
    Interesting idea. The problem is when you work your chest twice a week, you still have the shoulder day in there, so that would be working your shoulders three times. I think if you find alternating a twice weekly session between chest/tris and back/bis helpful, then take out the shoulder day for chest week and for back week don't perform any posterior delt exercises on shoulder day.

Forearms you would usually train with back because deadlifts, chins and rows will give you a good mass workout. You could then follow that up with wrist curls or whatever you do for a final burn.

Also you may struggle to get enough rest for your chest doing it on saturday and then monday. The back routine wouldn't be so much of a problem, but I would avoid deadlifts twice a week as the recovery period is much longer for them. I wouldn't keep up this type or routine for a long period of time, it may lead to overtraining over a period of 6 weeks or months.

You avoid part of this problem by rotating, but it could be further avoided by putting your rotating day on friday and legs on saturday. This will ensure more rest and an even amount on a weekly basis.
    Last edited by Flexor; 12-24-2005 at 04:58 PM.

BigIsBest is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Interesting idea. The problem is when you work your chest twice a week, you still have the shoulder day in there, so that would be working your shoulders three times. I think if you find alternating a twice weekly session between chest/tris and back/bis helpful, then take out the shoulder day for chest week and for back week don't perform any posterior delt exercises on shoulder day.

Forearms you would usually train with back because deadlifts, chins and rows will give you a good mass workout. You could then follow that up with wrist curls or whatever you do for a final burn.

Also you may struggle to get enough rest for your chest doing it on saturday and then monday. The back routine wouldn't be so much of a problem, but I would avoid deadlifts twice a week as the recovery period is much longer for them. I wouldn't keep up this type or routine for a long period of time, it may lead to overtraining over a period of 6 weeks or months.

You avoid part of this problem by rotating, but it could be further avoided by putting your rotating day on friday and legs on saturday. This will ensure more rest and an even amount on a weekly basis.
    thanks for your help bro

chest6 is offline Banned
    Your is almost identical to mine. Mine is
    Mon- chest tris
    Tues- Back/bis
    Wed-off
    Thurs-shoulders/traps
    Friday- Legs

I agree with Flexor, I dont think training chest/back would be a good idea. I could list many many reasons. Deadlift and squat do work similar muscles and are very taxing on your CNS. Performing these back to back days, as well as doing deadlifts a second time on Tuesday would really do more harm than good IMO. Make sat a rest day and it seems you are good to go. You could also train forearms on Tuesday. They will already be fatigued from your deads and other pulling exercises, so you could finish them off. If you did this, you should move the other day to Friday.

Thread Information