dsa8864667 is offline Member

What am i doing wrong

Ive bin working out for 1-1/2 years i went from 163 17%bf to 165 12%bf. I know my workouts are good cause i use a personal trainer. I work out 4X week but in DEC only 3x working allot. I really don't keep track of what i eat but my family dose own a restaurant and I'm a cook there so i do eat the whole time at work. I eat fillet Mignon, fish, veal, chicken and lost of pasta. I'm starting to get frustrated.
    Last edited by dsa8864667; 12-27-2005 at 12:26 PM.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dsa8864667
    Ive bin working out for 1-1/2 years i went from 163 17%bf to 165 12%bf. I know my workouts are good caues i use a personal trainer. I work out 4x week but in DEC only 3x working alot. I really don't keep track of what i eat but my family dose own a restaurant and im a cook there so i do eat the whole time at work. I eat filet Mignon, fish, veal, chicken and lost of pasta. I'm starting to get frustrated.
    Some personal trainers know nothing, some know a lot. Just because your trainer tells you to do something, doesn't mean its scientifically or even practically sound.

What are you frustrated with? What results have you seen other than a drop in bodyfat? What are your goals, what is your workout routine like? We need to know these kind of things and what you think is wrong to be able to help you...

chest6 is offline Banned
    I see this a lot. You may think your diet may be sufficient, but in reality it may be far from it. You say, "I eat a lot" "I eat meat all the time, lots of bread and stuff". Take a trip to the diet forum, that is a good place to start as far as diet goes. Another thing, this thread is very very general, and it is also hard to understand you because of your lack of attention to punctuation and spelling. Can you be more specific?

dsa8864667 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Some personal trainers know nothing, some know a lot. Just because your trainer tells you to do something, doesn't mean its scientifically or even practically sound.

What are you frustrated with? What results have you seen other than a drop in bodyfat? What are your goals, what is your workout routine like? We need to know these kind of things and what you think is wrong to be able to help you...

My goal is to bulk up want to get around 190-200 9%bf and increase strength. Heres the my work out routine that i do every other day

workout day 1 shoulder/bi's
    single arm Arnold shoulder presses 3set/10reps
    lying side laterals 3set/10reps
    front dumbbell raises 3set/10reps
    band front arm band pull do this till cant anymore 3sets
    side band arm pull for rotator cup 3sets/12-15 reps
    dumbbell curls 3sets/10reps
    double arm cable curls 3sets/10reps
    single arm preacher hammer curls 3sets/10reps

Workout day 2 chest/back/tri's
    bench press 5sets/8-10reps
    straight arm pullovers 3sets/10reps
    cable cross overs 3set/10reps
    single arm butterfly's 3set/10reps
    lat machine pull downs 3set/10reps
    one arm dumbbell rows 3set/10reps
    back extensions 3set/10reps
    lying dumbbell extensions 3set/10reps
    cable triceps extension 3set/10reps
    single arm triceps push downs 3set/10reps

workout day 3 Legs
    single leg split squats 4set/10reps
    leg presses 3set's feet close 10reps/3set's feet wide 10reps
    pausing leg extensions 3set/6reps
    leg curls 4set/10reps

I do my abs and calves every workout with 15min of cardio i always change what i do. for abs ill do around 4-6 sets and my calves ill do 4-7 sets. It takes me around 2-3 hours to finish each workout.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    i don't like your split at all, shoulders and bi's ..then the next day you're hitting back and chest together?? that's gonna slow prgress IMO, i would change that split asap to start second you're resluts aren't too bad..you've only been training 1 1/2 and you've put opn weight and dropped 5% of your bf%...like others said get a good diet in check and switch up your routine and you'll be seeing better overall results i believe here's what i would do in a 3x split

day 1 chest/shoulder/ triceps
    day 2 back/trap/bi's
    day 3 legs

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Too many machines - try KISS - keep it simple stupid!

You need to keep to basic heavy free weights and ditch all that BS. Apply 100 percent focus and intensity on basic barbell and dumbell movements. And the very fundamental of everything is progression - keep a lifting diary and always try and add a little more weight, more reps or accomplish the same thing in less time.

You should try German Volume Training...

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Too many machines - try KISS - keep it simple stupid!

You need to keep to basic heavy free weights and ditch all that BS. Apply 100 percent focus and intensity on basic barbell and dumbell movements. And the very fundamental of everything is progression - keep a lifting diary and always try and add a little more weight, more reps or accomplish the same thing in less time.
    I totally agree. Free weights has always been, and always will be, the only way to go.

Thread Information