QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member

critique my new split

mon - chest
    tues - back
    wed - shoulders/traps
    thrus - bi's/tri's
    fri - legs

45 min cardio every morning .... workouts are usually mid-late evening

i was doin a 4day split but i wanna mix things up a lil bit ... what u guys think ??

CHEST - db press, db incline, low cable pull, pec deck
    BACK - deads, lat pull, seated row, db row, bentover row, chins
    SHOULDERS - db press, front raises, lat raises, upright row, bentover laterals, shrugs
    ARMS - skulls, pulldowns(palms up), rope pulldowns, hammer curls, straight bar curls, preacher curls
    LEGS - squats, leg press, lunges, leg ext, leg curls, calf raises

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    not even one ???

Flexor is offline Banned
    You are totally isolating your bis and tris. That won't build mass as well as if you lifted with compound exercises such as dips, close grip bench for triceps and pullups and rows for biceps. One isolation should be done after one or two compound exercises. Usually you would put triceps with chest and shoulders, and biceps with back when you do this because otherwise you will be working your chest, shoulders and tris twice a week if you do compound tri exercises on a separate day. I always say its best to put together corresponding bodyparts.

What is the reasoning for working the posteriod deltoid head one day after back? You should put your bent over laterals on back day when you are hitting the rear delt with rowing exercises! You can either put traps on back day or chest day. The reason being deadlifts will work your traps, but upright rowing and lateral raises will also. Choose one of these days to do shurgs so you don't overtrain your traps.

You could remove front raises and put your db presses on chest day, because every single chest exercise will work your front delts. Also you could put your lateral raises and upright row on chest day just for convenience so you can remove the shoulder day altogether!

I'd say get rid of the seated rows on back day, db and barbell bent over rows is plenty. Also you want to put chins before lat pulldowns as they are superior for building mass.

I like your leg routine, its not bad.
    Last edited by Flexor; 12-27-2005 at 07:42 PM.

Wobbly is offline New Member
    You should have 48 hours rest before working the same mucle again. Since you also use your triceps when doing shoulders, it would be better to switch your shoulder day with your leg day. Thus: Chest-Back-Shoulders-Legs-Arms--one or two days off. That's the best five-day split in my opinion.

Thread Information