chest6 is offline Banned

chest strength/endurance pathetic

Ever since I partially tore my right pec my strength and endurance for chest days have been terrible. I took my time off and now the injury is no longer an issue. It seems that since I have been working chest since I have been back, which has been about 6 weeks now, I have no strength or endurance whatsoever. Heres what my routine for just bench to give an example was like today
    225x9
    225x6
    205x7
    185x8
    The weight still feels extremely light, but my chest just kind of dies out on me, and it can't complete any set it seems like. I start out heavier and go down because the weight is easy and I feel like I can increase but I cant. I have tried going from 225 up but the other day I could only get 9 on 225 then 245 I only got 4. I posted a thread similar to this in the injury forum, but no one ever goes there.

My opinion is that my strength and endurance won't get any better until I start increasing the calories again. I forgot to mention I am cutting right now, and I dread chest days when they are approaching because of all this.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Calories make a big difference in the amount of weight you can move around the gym. Over the last two weeks I switched over to the eat like a pig diet and my strength is up again.

Also keep in mind you were out for a while and hurt, time will take care of that, give it another 12 weeks before you are back at full potential.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Maybe I am just being impatient. I haven't really had to deal with an injury where I had to take time off.

Thread Information