SteelBuilt is offline New Member

Advice needed about . . .

Hi, guys I was wondering if someone could tell me how many exercises I would need to do, and also how many reps and sets of each exercise would I need to do in gym to get big. I dont want to cut up, I just want to get as big as possible. Thank you!

SB

FREAK2 is offline New Member
    Well always do about 4 sets in order to have the volume of training to stimulate the muscle fibers. for your reps, get warmed up and when you start your working sets hit reps from 8-2 but make sure they are hard and not easy if they are easy your gonna have to add some weight. and the number of exercises all depends on what bodypart. for example back is a big part of the body so you can do like 5-6 exercises, tris and bis are so small that you should do only 3 for each.

FREAK

P.S. i hope this helps a little

bizznach is offline Associate Member
    dude just look at posts and read.this is not a question to be posting in the steroid forum mybe in the workout q's but still if u read u will find all the answers u need on this site. do a search.(no flame ) just a lil heads up on what people around here dont like to be asked get some info and then ask spcific q's and they will fine tune ur work outs,diet,or anabolics. peace bizznach

dude my bad on the forum thing i thought it was in the steroid q"s sorry peace

Thanx for your help guys. Sorry I didnt realise wat forum I was on, I thought I was on da "work out questions" forum. Apologies for asking questions that arent meant to be asked on this forum, I am only knew to this and still getting used to the msg board.

Thanx anyways . . . :/

DUDE NO UR IN THE RIGHT FORUM. ALL I WAS SAYIN IS ASK MORE SPCIFIC Q'S AND ULL GET BETTER RESPONCE AND U CAN LEARN ALL U WANT TO KNOW BY DOING SEARCHES PEACE.

Thanx heaps bizznach
    SB

Ajax is offline Senior Member

Re: Advice needed about . . .

Originally posted by SteelBuilt
    Hi, guys I was wondering if someone could tell me how many exercises I would need to do, and also how many reps and sets of each exercise would I need to do in gym to get big. I dont want to cut up, I just want to get as big as possible. Thank you!

SB
    Warmups: I start with a moderate weight and do 6-10 reps, up the weight a bit and repeat until I get to a weight that I fail at in 10 reps or less--that is what I consider my first set.

Sets: I do anywhere form 2-4 different exercises per body part (chest, lats, delts, biceps, etc.) and from 6 to as little as 2 sets per exercise. I usually do 8-16 total sets per body part per workout; less for smaller muscles, more for bigger muscles.

Reps: I vary that. Most workouts I stick to 6-10 reps until failure, and if I have a partner/spotter, I do a couple of sets with 1-2 forced reps to top the set off. On the last 1-2 sets of an exercise I often do a low-weight, high-rep set to get a good pump at the end of my workout.

Every 2-3 weeks, I do a pyramid up to my max weight and back down; so it goes 10 reps (easy) 8 (a little harder) 6 (hard) 4 (very hard) 2 (almost failure) 1 (max), 4 (just under max) then keep backing off the weights & upping the reps. I find that mixing in a workout like this really blasts the muscles in a different way and gives me a good boost in strength.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    To get big requires more than one component.............
    rest
    eat
    sleep

You dont have to work to 100% max all the time...........
    Variety is the spice of life........(MIX AND MATCH)
    Allways try and hit your max once a month........
    AS to rep range i allways work to the rule DONT count the number of reps..(TRAIN SMART ............GO FOR THE FEEL)
    The perfect rep should last 8 seconds ......(WHY DO A REP AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! ....WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS KEEPING THE MUSCLE UNDER CONTRACTION AS LONG AS POSS....)
    Rest in between sets .............That is another big one .........(REALLY YOU ARE LOOKING FOR 3 MINS SO YOU HAVE TIME TO RECOVER)but do we have all that time...........

So i suppose it does put the theory of heavy or light for mass building

for mass building........

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    I'm not a big believer in volume training, however it does have its place. 3 exercises with 2 to 3 working sets for large body parts, 1 to 2 for smaller bodyparts. all out intensity for 6 to 8 reps sometimes less

Thanx all of you guys, your all a big help
    SB

Thread Information