Thread: vacuum

giangrosso is offline Banned

vacuum

do any of you guys use the vacuum technique for your stomach? i use it and find it very effective stops my stomach flom bloating!!

Flexor is offline Banned
    Hello once again bro. I assume you are referring to the contraction of the transverse abdominus muscle embedded deep within the stomach. Although it will help you hold your stomach in for short periods of time, it really has no other applications in bodybuilding. It helps to excrete waste and is heavily involved in birth. I think everyone probably sucks in just to see what its like, but a lot of people have such a good midsection they don't need to!
    Last edited by Flexor; 12-28-2005 at 10:48 AM.

probably helping me cause i aint got the best six pack so probably is working more as its getting rid of waste!! but i read that this exercise is good for pro bodybuilders who have six packs but have bloated bellys due to the roids they use.

KingJames23 is offline Associate Member
    what is this that you speak of? IS this an exercise??

check out this link and look at stomach vacuum

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm

Flexor is offline Banned
    Hahah, its always bodybuilding.com with the stupid myths.

This is rubbish. Those muscles are worked every single time you take a dump or cough, they are only weak in mothers that have just given birth. There is nothing to be done with them, it won't tighten your mid-section at all! Although the abs tend to flatten when you first start working them, then they bulk up, this has nothing to do with these tiny internal ab muscles. You practise the stomach vaccuum everytime you lift heavy, you don't need additional practise.

What is even more ridiculous is the fact that you contract these inner muscles everytime you do crunches. You tighten and suck in your stomach as much as possible to get a maximum contraction of the upper abs, performing a stomach vaccuum in the process. Once again, a load of BS.

it does work tho cause iv been doing it and a girl at work has been doing and she loves her stomach now nice and flat.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giangrosso
    it does work tho cause iv been doing it and a girl at work has been doing and she loves her stomach now nice and flat.
    Like I said before, you suck in when you do crunches. You don't need this exercise. Its far more effective to work the abs and lose weight. If you still want to do it, just make sure you are doing all your other ab exercises because those are the ones that count.

Thread Information