PapaPump8 is offline Junior Member

Check it out... My routine help me out..

Okay im bout to start my cycle and I have always done about 16 sets I'm readin how some of you guys do 12 sets and that just doesn't seem like it would be enough I normally do 4 diffrent excercies and 4 sets which is 16 total. I'm 190 and I'm doing a test and eq cycle looking to be 210 my body fat is about 7 percent and im 6'2 my age is 23.

Monday-Chest and Tris
    Tuesday-Back and Bis
    Wensday- Shoulders
    Thursday-Legs
    Friday-Rest
    Repeat

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaPump8
    Okay im bout to start my cycle and I have always done about 16 sets I'm readin how some of you guys do 12 sets and that just doesn't seem like it would be enough I normally do 4 diffrent excercies and 4 sets which is 16 total. I'm 190 and I'm doing a test and eq cycle looking to be 210 my body fat is about 7 percent and im 6'2 my age is 23.

Monday-Chest and Tris
    Tuesday-Back and Bis
    Wensday- Shoulders
    Thursday-Legs
    Friday-Rest
    Repeat
    This would work your shoulders three straight days in a row. Even on a cycle that will lead to overtraining. Your idea of chest with tris and back with bis is spot on though.

Just reorder your split to avoid overtraining, like this.

Monday-Chest and Tris
    Tuesday-Back and Bis
    Wensday- Rest
    Thursday-Shoulders
    Friday-Legs
    Saturday-Rest
    Sunday-Repeat

Here you will have no overlap. Plus you have an all important rest day right in the centre which will give your CNS a much needed break. the CNS does not recover quicker when on a cycle, only your muscles, so one rest day is important. Two days of working out consecutively is not too bad, but three days is not a good idea. CNS recovery has links with muscle recovery as well, so its good to get the rest.
    Last edited by Flexor; 12-28-2005 at 03:37 PM.

Thanks for the feedback means a lot...Okay so I have been working out for about 3 years now and I'm so confused I use to workout 6 days a week and take one day off i can't tell if im over training how can you? im sure i am just not knowing. When I miss a day at the gym i get all stressed out and down! Could you give me a routine for gaining weight I'm 190 with about a 7 percent bodyfat I'm in good shape everyone thyinks im 210-220 but that's because my legs are small and my waist is like 28-30 inches im so small in the waist but i like it makes everythng else look big...I need a routin cause mine is like this

Chest-Flat bench 4 sets, something like 2 plates for a warm up then i go up 185 for 10 reps sometimes more if i can then 225 for about 6 reps then then 245 for as many as i can do maybe 3 times...good or bad? that's

then i go to say incline DB and grab the 80's do 10 then 9- and do 8 then 100 and do 6 and 110 for about 4

then ill do like cables and just start with like 50lbs and do 4 sets and rep 10,8,6,4 sometimes i do more if i can

then ill do like a mechine and i do the same thing 10,8,6,4 and im done with chest what do you think? help me out!

Flexor is offline Banned
    You will know when you are overtraining. You will begin to feel tired all the time especially when lifting, you will lack motivation, you may not achieve a pump and you may be getting injured more.

For your chest routine try something nice and basic that allows you to use a lot of weight like this:

Flat bench x 3
    Incline bench x 3
    Dips x 3
    Flyes x 3

Cables and machines will not add to your chest mass, they are only useful for pros right before a show when they are not looking for size. They are considered a shaping exercise, done when all mass has been built. You need to stick with heavy compound exercises like the bench and dips, and DBs are good to switch every now and again with barbell. Flyes tend to work quite well when done in conjunction with the other exercises.

okay sounds good to me but consider this if i max out 300 on the bench press what should my weights and reps be? also i sent you a private message if you could help that would be awsome!

you don't count a warm up as a set do you? maybe i do 16 sets cause i do have a warm up set...

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaPump8
    okay sounds good to me but consider this if i max out 300 on the bench press what should my weights and reps be? also i sent you a private message if you could help that would be awsome!

you don't count a warm up as a set do you? maybe i do 16 sets cause i do have a warm up set...
    No warm ups are not working sets. You should be lifting in the 8-12 rep range for maximum size, as this generally hits the different types of muscle fibres and provides a high total workload.

Try this one rep max calc to estimate somewhere between 8-12 reps if you max out at 300. It will be around 230 or something.

http://www.kalanen.fi/maxrepcalculator

Thread Information