Thread: routine

mpyatt1650 is offline New Member

routine

I'm new so I was wondering if you could critique my routine and tell me what I should do differently.

Monday- Chest and Tri (Run 3.0 miles in morning)
    Tuesday- Legs
    Weds-(Run 3.0 miles after school)
    Thursday- Back and Bicep
    Friday- Shoulders and Very light chest/tri (Run 3.0 miles in morning)
    Saturday- Run 3.0 miles whenever
    Sunday- off

I am adding the running in there because i am not trying to get bigger, rather i am trying to cut, so running is my cardio. I use to take protein shakes but I gained weight, so I quit taking them so it would be easier to lose weight instead of add weight. Is that a bad idea or what do you reccomend?

mpyatt1650 is offline New Member
    bump

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by mpyatt1650
    I'm new so I was wondering if you could critique my routine and tell me what I should do differently.

Tuesday- Legs
    Thursday- Back and Bicep
    Sunday- off

I am adding the running in there because i am not trying to get bigger, rather i am trying to cut, so running is my cardio. I use to take protein shakes but I gained weight, so I quit taking them so it would be easier to lose weight instead of add weight. Is that a bad idea or what do you reccomend?
    I would switch Friday's workout and Saturdays around so you upper body would get another day of recovery. Your weight should increase on your shoulder day. I would consider dropping the chest and tricep work on Friday. I would add some hamstring work in their instead. Afterall, you will be doing a lot of running and not many people have good hamstring development (in comparison to their quads).

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by mpyatt1650

Tuesday- Legs
    Thursday- Back and Bicep
    Sunday- off

I wouldn't take out the PWO shake. This is the most time to get in adequate nutrition. Just reduce the serving size to fit your needs.

Thread Information