Thread: Home exercises

LancerO8 is offline New Member

Home exercises

Right now I'm on a bulk diet trying to add around 20 more lbs..I'm 6 foot 175. I wanted to know if their are any exercises at home away from the gym that I could do daily to bulk up. Preferably the upper body, pecs and biceps mostly.

Thanks in advance

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    What type of equipment do you have? Are you willing to make small purchases?
    Last edited by Papi93; 12-28-2005 at 08:38 PM.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    If you have no free weights, here are some exercises you could do:

Weighted Pushups - Have someone place a heavy object on upper back and hold there will you perform pushups.

Handstand Pushups - Face away from wall and kick feet up.

That could cover chest and shoulders.

much thanks.. any idea on sets/reps, how many days a week. i usually only hit upper body twice a week in the gym. but id love to do anything i could at home, i have too much time on my hands as it is

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerO8
    much thanks.. any idea on sets/reps, how many days a week. i usually only hit upper body twice a week in the gym. but id love to do anything i could at home, i have too much time on my hands as it is
    If you have no equipment, I would go over to Matt Furey's website, as he specializes in bodyweight-only strength training. His three core exercises are the hindu pushup, hindu squat, and back bridge.
    In his book, Combat Conditioning, he will give you reps, sets, and the number of exercises to perform per workout. He believes in working out everyday. That should be up your alley if you have a lot of time on your hands.
    I have the book myself but my brother has it (lives a 120miles away) so I can't give you specifics.

thanks for the help papi

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    thanks for the help papi
    No problem. Body by Fish is also a good site for bodyweight-only exercises. Check out some of Lifeline's products. I have many of their products. The Power Pushup resists your pushups and strengthens your abs as stabilizers. The Power Wheel is an awesome hip flexor and ab stabilizer exercise. The portable power jumper can provide resistance to your squats. The list goes on...

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    If you're already hitting upper body twice per week in the gym.. working out at home (in addition) will lead to over-training.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    If you're already hitting upper body twice per week in the gym.. working out at home (in addition) will lead to over-training.
    Agreed.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Here is a link to a post I started quite a while back. This was in response to people traveling and looking for workouts that could be done when there is no access to a gym. You may find some here that will help you out.

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=119258
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Thread Information