mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07

kJoule vs. Calorie

Anyone here know how many calories are in a single kJoule? The reason why I ask is because the eliptical machine that I bought for my home gym is manufactured in Germany (Kettler) and it counts the number of kJoules (energy) burned during a cardio session. I did a search on the Internet and it's lead me to believe that a German kJoule is the same as an American calorie, but the measurements are different. My guess is that 1 kJoule is equivalent to .25 American calories. If anyone here knows, then please chime in if you would.

Grace and peace,
    Mavsluva

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    1 calorie = 4.18 kJ

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    Anyone here know how many calories are in a single kJoule? The reason why I ask is because the eliptical machine that I bought for my home gym is manufactured in Germany (Kettler) and it counts the number of kJoules (energy) burned during a cardio session. I did a search on the Internet and it's lead me to believe that a German kJoule is the same as an American calorie, but the measurements are different. My guess is that 1 kJoule is equivalent to .25 American calories. If anyone here knows, then please chime in if you would.

Grace and peace,
    Mavsluva
    You ever heard of Google ?

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    You ever heard of Google ?
    Exactly, if there is something I want to know that is the first place I go. Try finding stuff out for yourself

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Notice that I included in my original post, "I did a search on the Internet". The only thing that I found was the number of kjoules in some various foods. Thanks for anwering that question for me.

Mavsluva

Thread Information