Cardio , Muscle gain....

If someone was to run sprints and work on jumps 7 days a week (short sessions). How would this effect muscle gain(would it hurt it alot)? and how effective would this be for fatloss?

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    If someone was to run sprints and work on jumps 7 days a week (short sessions). How would this effect muscle gain(would it hurt it alot)? and how effective would this be for fatloss?
    you will be burning more calories so it would not be ideal for muscle gain and i would think it would be effective for fatloss (and maybe muscleloss if you are on a cutting diet )

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    you will be burning more calories so it would not be ideal for muscle gain and i would think it would be effective for fatloss (and maybe muscleloss if you are on a cutting diet )

Yep, But I'm wondering to what degree?
    Like alot of muscle loss with some fat loss, or some muscle loss with alot of fat loss?
    Sprinting is suppose to make you produce more test, and like many professional sprinters there very muscular , and of course track is known for steroids .

Hriliu999 is offline New Member
    Muscle gain and fat loss will largely be determined by your diet. However, I've noticed both occur from running sprints before. If your new to them be prepared for some significant hamstring development. Also, I've noticed my shoulders, arms and upper back (not sure why) all respond well to repeated efforts of 100m sprints.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hriliu999
    Muscle gain and fat loss will largely be determined by your diet.
    word! if you are on a bulking diet you wont lose muscle you just wont gain like you would if you werent doing sprints and jumps...if you are on a cutting diet, there is a good chance you could be losing some muscle...but yes you will be losing fat as well.

sputnik is offline Banned
    Not sure about the jumps, but I'm quite a strong pusher of sprints/interval training for cutting and keeping fat off during a bulk...of course...all with a good diet and weight training

I suggest u have a look at Loki's articles on sprints http://magazine.mindandmuscle.net

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik
    Not sure about the jumps, but I'm quite a strong pusher of sprints/interval training for cutting and keeping fat off during a bulk...of course...all with a good diet and weight training

I suggest u have a look at Loki's articles on sprints http://magazine.mindandmuscle.net
    We meet again.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    We meet again.

Whoring of posts is not allowed in the workout forum

I agree with sputnik, sprints and related HIT activites are good for cutting IMO.
    Last edited by Flexor; 12-26-2005 at 04:47 PM.

We meet again.

hey Smak, where u been?
    Last edited by sputnik; 12-26-2005 at 05:30 PM.

Smak.....I wish I was 250.

What weight are you at now?

I'm between 6'4''-6'5'' and weigh 245.
    The weird thing is that I'm doing alot of cardio , but getting heavier.

Smak.....I wish I was 250.
    What weight are you at now?

I'm between 6'4''-6'5'' and weigh 245.
    The weird thing is that I'm doing alot of cardio , but getting heavier.
    I dont' get it. You want to lose weight, but you want to be 250? Run this by me again. From what I read it looks like you want to lose weight, correct? Sorry, just a little confused. Anyways it looks like we're pretty much carry the same stats which is cool because I always want to find out more about their diet, training, etc..

Myself, I'm at 240 right now. Soon i'll be 250 though when I hop on this cycle right after New Year's One more night of drinking Anyways for me at least, I do cardio about 3 times a week whether i'm bulking or cutting. I keep it at 45 minutes at 70% of my THR which for me is a light, brisk walk on an incline treadmill. The only thing that I do different is in the winter I eat pretty much whatever I want to or feel like. In the summer I keep a more strict diet. I'm sure you're well aware that us tall guys need to eat pretty much whatever in order to gain weight.

Now for yourself, if you're doing cardio at least 3 times a week with intense training at least 3 times a week you shouldn't be gaining weight like you say you are. I don't think it's necessary to bump up the cardio to help lose weight. 3 times a week should be more than enough. What does your diet look like? Are you eating alot of fast food? Lay it out for me if you can. Thanks
    Last edited by Smak; 12-26-2005 at 06:44 PM.

I dont' get it. You want to lose weight, but you want to be 250? Run this by me again. From what I read it looks like you want to lose weight, correct? Sorry, just a little confused. Anyways it looks like we're pretty much carry the same stats which is cool because I always want to find out more about their diet, training, etc..

Myself, I'm at 240 right now. Soon i'll be 250 though when I hop on this cycle right after New Year's One more night of drinking Anyways for me at least, I do cardio about 3 times a week whether i'm bulking or cutting. I keep it at 45 minutes at 70% of my THR which for me is a light, brisk walk on an incline treadmill. The only thing that I do different is in the winter I eat pretty much whatever I want to or feel like. In the summer I keep a more strict diet. I'm sure you're well aware that us tall guys need to eat pretty much whatever in order to gain weight.

Now for yourself, if you're doing cardio at least 3 times a week with intense training at least 3 times a week you shouldn't be gaining weight like you say you are. I don't think it's necessary to bump up the cardio to help lose weight. 3 times a week should be more than enough. What does your diet look like? Are you eating alot of fast food? Lay it out for me if you can. Thanks

My goal now is to be at a lean 235-240lbs. But I would rather be at 250lbs all muscle, if being that big didn't slow me down. ( right now trying to gain muscle while loseing fat, some say it can't be done , but it can.)

Now on to my diet It's horrible. I eat all protein. Or whatever that doesn't have much fat or sugar. No sweets, no fastfood. Tuna, chicken , some veggies. Like I said not a specific meal plan diet sucks, but I eat like I'm a starving horse from ethiopia.

What I do for training is considered by many people as way to much. I lift 6 days a week. With only 2 different workouts. I was doing very little running, probly once or twice a week. Now I'm running atleast 4 times a week. No long distance shit, I hate that. Sprints, jumps stuff like that. Every workout is another max lift for me. Strength is skyrocketing, slow lean muscle gains I'm having, with not much visable fat loss. I know I'm loseing fat , but not to where I want to be.

Whats your training/diet look like?
    Like you said it's interesting seeing what others do given we have similar stats.

My goal now is to be at a lean 235-240lbs. But I would rather be at 250lbs all muscle, if being that big didn't slow me down. ( right now trying to gain muscle while loseing fat, some say it can't be done , but it can.)

Now on to my diet It's horrible. I eat all protein. Or whatever that doesn't have much fat or sugar. No sweets, no fastfood. Tuna, chicken , some veggies. Like I said not a specific meal plan diet sucks, but I eat like I'm a starving horse from ethiopia.

What I do for training is considered by many people as way to much. I lift 6 days a week. With only 2 different workouts. I was doing very little running, probly once or twice a week. Now I'm running atleast 4 times a week. No long distance shit, I hate that. Sprints, jumps stuff like that. Every workout is another max lift for me. Strength is skyrocketing, slow lean muscle gains I'm having, with not much visable fat loss. I know I'm loseing fat , but not to where I want to be.

Whats your training/diet look like?
    Like you said it's interesting seeing what others do given we have similar stats.
    Have you ever considered doing your cardio first thing in the morning on a empty stomach? It works wonders. I've been doing it now for about half a year and I continue to shred fat and maintain muscle.

My diet is pretty much 300grams of protein a day. Somedays I don't quite hit it, but that's what I shoot for. I eat pretty much anything with usually 3 protein shakes. I eat alot of chicken, tuna, cheese, spinach, fresh fruit, vegetables, peanuts, milk. I say this because right now during the winter months the only set thing I keep in my diet is my 3 protein shakes.

BTW where are you from big dog?
    Last edited by Smak; 12-26-2005 at 07:34 PM.

Have you ever considered doing your cardio first thing in the morning on a empty stomach? It works wonders. I've been doing it now for about half a year and I continue to shred fat and maintain muscle.

My diet is pretty much 300grams of protein a day. I eat pretty much anything with usually 3 protein shakes. I eat alot of chicken, tuna, cheese, spinach, fresh fruit, vegetables, peanuts, milk. I say this because right now during the winter months the only set thing I keep in my diet is my 3 protein shakes.

Yeah , I did morning cardio during the time I was injured. At the time I was around 258lbs. not fat but not as cut as I am now. Mad that I couldn't lift so All I did was run. After surgery and a long time without lifting I was down to 217lbs.(I weighed 217 in october and got back to 235lbs. in 1 month now that I was lifting and hellbent)
    I feel that running in the morning on an empty stomach burns away my muscle, so I usually run later in the day, or after a workout.
    I usually have a protein shake after a workout for those quick grams, and I also get easilly over 300+grams a day.

Yeah , I did morning cardio during the time I was injured. At the time I was around 258lbs. not fat but not as cut as I am now. Mad that I couldn't lift so All I did was run. After surgery and a long time without lifting I was down to 217lbs.(I weighed 217 in october and got back to 235lbs. in 1 month now that I was lifting and hellbent)
    I feel that running in the morning on an empty stomach burns away my muscle, so I usually run later in the day, or after a workout.
    I usually have a protein shake after a workout for those quick grams, and I also get easilly over 300+grams a day.
    Are you running a cycle right now? You shouldn't be running at all. I do light, walk on incline treadmill. Just make sure you're keeping track of your heart rate. It should be between 60-75% for maximum burning capability.
    Last edited by Smak; 12-26-2005 at 07:38 PM.

Are you running a cycle right now? You shouldn't be running at all. I do light, walk on incline treadmill. Just make sure you're keeping track of your heart rate. It should be between 60-75% for maximum burning capability.

Why shouldn't I be running? Does it effect gains alot?
    It's apart of my training , I really need to get faster.
    Last edited by Hellmaskbanned; 12-29-2005 at 09:13 PM.

I'm supplementing with tbol right now.
    All I need, and all I want.

Why shouldn't I be running? Does it effect gains alot?
    It's apart of my training , I really need to get faster.
    Running will burn muscle. What do you need to run for?

However, sprints in intervals are fine.

Hellmask, have u gone to the link i posted above and looked at the sprint/interval training articles by Loki i mentioned, as per Smak's suggestion suggestion on sprints? I suggest u do so.

Hellmask, have u gone to the link i posted above and looked at the sprint/interval training articles by Loki i mentioned, as per Smak's suggestion suggestion on sprints? I suggest u do so.

Yeah I looked.
    Interesting read thanks.

Running will burn muscle. What do you need to run for?

However, sprints in intervals are fine.

I need to run to lose fat.
    If my diet wasn't so shitty I would run less.
    Fat is mostly on my hips not as much so on my stomach. It's getting pretty annoying too.

How many days a week should I run to get the benefit of losing fat, and while gaining muscle? 2,3 days?
    And should I walk on some other days as well?

Hellmask i thought u said u read the articles....IF u plan to do sprints, then 2-3 days tops enough.

Hellmask i thought u said u read the articles....IF u plan to do sprints, then 2-3 days tops enough.

LOL.
    I browsed through them.
    Im going to do them once a week.
    Now I'm going all Bulk now.

Thanks again for the help you russian satellite you.

I'm at the end of my bulk and then going onto PCT...sprinting 2x per week has been great, as it always is whether I'm on a bulk or a cut....

u only browsed them??????????

showing ur age if u now Sputnik was a Soviet satellite , mind you it's also an 80's group, Sigue Sigue Sputnik

I'm at the end of my bulk and then going onto PCT...sprinting 2x per week has been great, as it always is whether I'm on a bulk or a cut....

u only browsed them??????????

showing ur age if u now Sputnik was a Soviet satellite , mind you it's also an 80's group, Sigue Sigue Sputnik

So 2 times a week and still good gains. Might have to try it then.
    I'm 19 and the soviet union just slipped my mind.
    Well, Hellmask is a danzig song so it's not just a mask from hell.....

yeah bulk has gone great with pheraplex....I'll be posting my results tomorrow..

I luv Danzig! Twist of Cain is one of my faves

Thread Information