Thread: to get an idea

HULKBOY is offline Member

to get an idea

alright guys i've recently been told that working out 6x a week is what its all about but i only work out 4x a week in general about how many days outa the week do ya'll work out.. and does 6x a week sound like overtraining..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    "Recently you have been told".....

Mmmm kay, told by whom?

Not only do I not have time to workout 6 days per week, I'd overtrain my CNS so bad that I'd be sick all the time, have no motivation, and for damn sure would never make any progress.

For ME anyhow.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

Mmmm kay, told by whom?

Not only do I not have time to workout 6 days per week, I'd overtrain my CNS so bad that I'd be sick all the time, have no motivation, and for damn sure would never make any progress.

For ME anyhow.

~SC~

yea ive been told that 6x per week was optimal for newbies but im sticking to 4x mon tue thur fri...oh and im discussing this with tranzit in the pics forum appearently 4x a week is for fags 6x is the only way to go....

Mmmm kay, told by whom?

For ME anyhow.

~SC~

Swole cat, how many times do you train a week?
    I've been training 6x a week and it's starting to get to me.
    Tired, gains are slowing down, feel lazy throughout the day but want to lift really bad , and can muster up alot of energy to lift but during the day I would be a zombie.
    Makes my body ache all over the entire day.
    But, my workouts are far more advanced then the average persons workouts.(hour 30 minute workouts , explosive movements, compound exercises.)
    I can see someone that isn't serious working out 1 bodypart a day for 6 weeks and not overtrain.

whats up w/the 6x a week trend hellmask if i may your saying gains are slowing down loss of energy and 1hr30min workouts/day for 6x a week. bro that seems like some definate signs of overtraining to me.. i mean i just dont understand it..

sputnik is offline Banned
    6x a week?

thanks but not thanks , I'l stick to my 3 days per week

Quote Originally Posted by HULKBOY
    whats up w/the 6x a week trend hellmask if i may your saying gains are slowing down loss of energy and 1hr30min workouts/day for 6x a week. bro that seems like some definate signs of overtraining to me.. i mean i just dont understand it..

For me the reason is I want to get bigger. Thinking the harder I train the more gains I will see because of the harder work I'm putting in. I'm stopping it now, because I listen to my body. Once the muscle/strength gains start to slow I'm adding more rest in. I guess I can consider it a good way of shocking the muscles, and rest for a few days and see if I grow.

yea ive been told that 6x per week was optimal for newbies but im sticking to 4x mon tue thur fri...oh and im discussing this with tranzit in the pics forum appearently 4x a week is for fags 6x is the only way to go....

Oh, so "tranzit" says that 4 times a week "is for fags".

Need I even address that statement? I think not, just the wording alone and the lack of logic pretty much sums up how valuable that statement is.

~SC~

6x a week is definately a shock but your right on about listening to your muscles. but the harder you train doesnt equal the more gains youll see.. i dont know who i heard this from but somebody told me that 45 min - an hour is as long as you should spend in the gym and that anybody can lift weight its what you do while your not lifting that determines how big youll get and ive stuck by those words cause it makes sense to me..cause theres guys that go to the gym all the dam time bustin there balls and they got nothing to show for it cause they have a shitty diet and dont allow their muscles time to recoup..

Oh, so "tranzit" says that 4 times a week "is for fags".

Need I even address that statement? I think not, just the wording alone and the lack of logic pretty much sums up how valuable that statement is.

~SC~
    exactly he called me out sayin he guerantees you wont see gains lifting 4x a week and recomended questionable advice to a newbie so i explained how my 4x a week split is and appearently according to him my split wont allow me to make gains and i feel a long rant coming on but i'll refrain for now cause i have a feeling i'll need to save it for later...

I am in and out of the gym in 45 mins. or less each time.

~SC~

6x a week is definately a shock but your right on about listening to your muscles. but the harder you train doesnt equal the more gains youll see.. i dont know who i heard this from but somebody told me that 45 min - an hour is as long as you should spend in the gym and that anybody can lift weight its what you do while your not lifting that determines how big youll get and ive stuck by those words cause it makes sense to me..cause theres guys that go to the gym all the dam time bustin there balls and they got nothing to show for it cause they have a shitty diet and dont allow their muscles time to recoup..

Usually the ones I see training all the time are the ones that are big, but there are the ones that train alot that don't have there diet/training down, or they may have it down just have shitty genetics, and are still small.

5 days a week here I come, along with overkilling the food and sleep.

exactly he called me out sayin he guerantees you wont see gains lifting 4x a week

I seriously have no idea how he places these guarantees on people. Not only does EVERYONE differ, but 3-4 day per week splits are the most popular no matter what the actual bodypart splits are.

You grow OUT of the gym, not IN it. I'd be curious to see how big he really is, shows he has won in training like this to prepare for those shows, etc.

I'd just find a split that works for me and stick to it. I KNOW 6 days per week won't work for me, so if he wants to bet me on that I'm down to take his money.

~SC~

I seriously have no idea how he places these guarantees on people. Not only does EVERYONE differ, but 3-4 day per week splits are the most popular no matter what the actual bodypart splits are.

You grow OUT of the gym, not IN it. I'd be curious to see how big he really is, shows he has won in training like this to prepare for those shows, etc.

I'd just find a split that works for me and stick to it. I KNOW 6 days per week won't work for me, so if he wants to bet me on that I'm down to take his money.

~SC~
    exactly and im willing to bet that for a newbie 6x a week is a definate no no

sputnik is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    Usually the ones I see training all the time are the ones that are big, but there are the ones that train alot that don't have there diet/training down, or they may have it down just have shitty genetics, and are still small.

5 days a week here I come, along with overkilling the food and sleep.
    sometimes guys are big in spite of their training, not because of their training, and some are on a cycle of some type....I know plenty of big AND strong guys who only train 3-4x per week....they work so hard they have no need or want to train more than that...and they train full body, not split or fancy stuff

heck the gym i used to go to, i outlifted all of the big guys there who were apparently there everyday AND on the juice...and back then i only trained 2x per week

chest6 is offline Banned
    4x a week for me.
    chest/tris
    back/bis
    off
    shoulders
    legs

seems to be just fine..I cant imagine 6x a week

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    alright guys i've recently been told that working out 6x a week is what its all about but i only work out 4x a week in general about how many days outa the week do ya'll work out.. and does 6x a week sound like overtraining..
    Go ahead and take his advice, and then spend the next 10 years working out he was wrong all along.

4 times a week 45 mins is all you need. Gauranteed if I got you in the gym for that amount of time you would heave your guts up everytime.

Thread Information