hugesunglasses is offline New Member

suggestions for targeting chest...

hey guys,
    no matter what i do, my shoulders, arms, back all seem to grow at a much faster pace than my shoulders. i've tried to really target my chest, but when i hit it harder, it leaves my arms wrecked and probably contributes to their growth.

any suggestions?

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Bad form coul be the culprit. No one likes hearing that but it's usually the reason for poor chest development. Make sure when doing presses to roll the shoulders back agains the pad of the chair. Also, my forearms are perpendicular to the floor before I press the weight.

i do roll my shoulders back, and i've done my best to strengthen my back to give myself a strong foundation. i'm now wondering if i'm doing too many dumbell exercises, thus the reason for increased arm strenght. i do incline press with db's and also db flyes. i'm feeling like i might already be answering my own question.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you use DB's exclusivley for most of your pressing? If so, how long have you been? It could very well be that it's time to switch it up. barbell pressing should let you go a bit heavier. Hopefully this should alleviate your issue with chest development. You might want to switch up your routine also.

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    I started a thread recently about my chest lagging. There were some very good suggestions that may be applicable to yourself as well. Take a look if you haven't already:

Chest is lagging... New routine?

Flexor is offline Banned
    Here are some ideas...

- Dumbell bench negatives
    - Dumbell bench
    - Better form
    - Dips
    - Go heavy
    - Go light
    - Rest-pause
    - Drop sets
    - Change grip and elbow position

Choose one or two and try them out. There are so many things you can do to change your chest routine. The chest often lags behind in many people because they do not have the genetics for it, plus it is only a small muscle. Still there is lots you can do to help it out, but in the end its likely it will still lag behind when everything has been developed to 100% because that is the way you are built.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Here are some ideas...

- Dumbell bench negatives
    - Dumbell bench
    - Better form
    - Dips
    - Go heavy
    - Go light
    - Rest-pause
    - Drop sets
    - Change grip and elbow position

Choose one or two and try them out. There are so many things you can do to change your chest routine. The chest often lags behind in many people because they do not have the genetics for it, plus it is only a small muscle. Still there is lots you can do to help it out, but in the end its likely it will still lag behind when everything has been developed to 100% because that is the way you are built.
    as usual you are on the ball! keep up your good work, it is noticed!

thanks for the feedback fellas

Thread Information