Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Tommy Gunn is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    583

    Am I doing enough?

    How does this routine look? I've been doing it for 2 weeks now. I used to do 4 sets but now I'm gonna cut it down to 3 and up the intensity.

    Four days a week (increase the weight each set and the last set go to failure, I usually fail at the desired number of reps for the last set)

    Day 1 Mon.

    Deadlifts 3x5
    Seated cable rows (v-bar) 10,8,6
    Close grip or Underhand lat pulldowns 10,8,6
    Wide grip lat pulldowns 10,8,6
    Seated hammer curls or reverse ez bar preacher curls 12,10,8
    Straight bar preacher curls 12,10,8

    Day 2 Tues.

    Flat dumbell press 10,8,6
    Incline dumbell press 10,8,6
    Incline or flat dumbell flys or Pec Deck Flys 12,10,8
    Dumbell internal rotation 14,12,10 (rotator cuff)
    Tricep pushdowns (overhand straight bar) 12,10,8
    4 way neck machine 3x10

    Weds. OFF

    Day 3 Thurs.

    Squats 10,8,6
    Leg extensions 12,10,8
    Leg curls 12,10,8
    Standing or seated calve raises 14,12,10
    Kneeling cable crunches 14,12,10
    Lever twist 14,12,10

    Day 4 Fri.

    Seated dumbell press 10,8,6
    Standing barbell or seated dumbell front raises 12,10,8,
    Wide grip upright rows 10,8,6 or Seated lateral raises 12,10,8
    Standing bent over reverse flys 12,10,8
    Seated dumbell upright external rotation 14,12,10 (rotator cuff)
    Barbell shrugs 3x10

    Sat. OFF

    Sun. OFF

    I'm 6' 235 (I'm a little chubby) 26 years old. All natural, I don't even use creatine.

    How's it look?
    Last edited by Tommy Gunn; 12-30-2005 at 10:38 PM.

  2. #2
    kaptainkeezy04's Avatar
    kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gunn
    How does this routine look? I've been doing it for 2 weeks now. I used to do 4 sets but now I'm gonna cut it down to 3 and up the intensity.

    Four days a week (increase the weight each set and the last set go to failure, I usually fail at the desired number of reps for the last set)

    Day 1 Mon.

    Deadlifts 3x5
    Seated cable rows (v-bar) 10,8,6
    Close grip or Underhand lat pulldowns 10,8,6
    Wide grip lat pulldowns 10,8,6
    Seated hammer curls or reverse ez bar preacher curls 12,10,8
    Straight bar preacher curls 12,10,8

    Day 2 Tues.

    Flat dumbell press 10,8,6
    Incline dumbell press 10,8,6
    Incline or flat dumbell flys or Pec Deck Flys 12,10,8
    Dumbell internal rotation 14,12,10 (rotator cuff)
    Tricep pushdowns (overhand straight bar) 12,10,8
    4 way neck machine 3x10

    Weds. OFF

    Day 3 Thurs.

    Squats 10,8,6
    Leg extensions 12,10,8
    Leg curls 12,10,8
    Standing or seated calve raises 14,12,10
    Kneeling cable crunches 14,12,10
    Lever twist 14,12,10

    Day 4 Fri.

    Seated dumbell press 10,8,6
    Standing barbell or seated dumbell front raises 12,10,8,
    Wide grip upright rows 10,8,6 or Seated lateral raises 12,10,8
    Standing bent over reverse flys 12,10,8
    Seated dumbell upright external rotation 14,12,10 (rotator cuff)
    Barbell shrugs 3x10

    Sat. OFF

    Sun. OFF

    I'm 6' 235 (I'm a little chubby) 26 years old. All natural, I don't even use creatine.

    How's it look?
    where are the warmup sets? and if you are chubby i recommend doing cardio a few times a week.

  3. #3
    Tommy Gunn is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    583
    I am doing cardio. Boxing training 5 days a week.

    And the sets I listed are my working sets.

  4. #4
    Flexor is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    L'Inghilterra
    Posts
    1,659
    http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?t=210649

    I will refer you to one of your recent threads in which you posted the exact same routine, your critique is there, you just haven't bothered to listen, AT ALL You ask a lot of questions, and yet they don't seem to have helped you work out your routine.

    Still got your cable rows, still your bicep routine is heavily biased towards the long head and brachialis, still absolutely no tricep routine, your front raises, and of course there is the bent over raises (you call reverse flyes) on shoulder day instead of back day. If you want your posterior deltoids to grow, do you believe 3 sets of isolating raises will do the job? No, throw your raises in on back day because there you are ROWING, and ROWING is a heavy compound movement that will stimulate GROWTH.

    I'm not trying to be offensive this is just frustrating
    Last edited by Flexor; 12-31-2005 at 04:14 AM.

  5. #5
    S.P.G's Avatar
    S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    uk/ south east
    Posts
    4,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?t=210649

    I will refer you to one of your recent threads in which you posted the exact same routine, your critique is there, you just haven't bothered to listen, AT ALL You ask a lot of questions, and yet they don't seem to have helped you work out your routine.

    Still got your cable rows, still your bicep routine is heavily biased towards the long head and brachialis, still absolutely no tricep routine, your front raises, and of course there is the bent over raises (you call reverse flyes) on shoulder day instead of back day. If you want your posterior deltoids to grow, do you believe 3 sets of isolating raises will do the job? No, throw your raises in on back day because there you are ROWING, and ROWING is a heavy compound movement that will stimulate GROWTH.

    I'm not trying to be offensive this is just frustrating
    you took the words right out of my mouth..

    I don’t think he likes criticism.



    Maybe he’s looking for a pat on the back
    Last edited by S.P.G; 12-31-2005 at 04:59 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lake of Fire
    Posts
    767

  7. #7
    Tommy Gunn is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    583
    OK, so what would be a good routine for me that includes all the exercises I listed?

  8. #8
    Flexor is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    L'Inghilterra
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gunn
    OK, so what would be a good routine for me that includes all the exercises I listed?
    The problem IS your exercises, not your split. You have already asked all the questions over the past few months, do a search using the tool for your own posts and read them again.

    Time to do your own research man...

    I have a question for you now, what routine is far more effective for the triceps?

    Close grip bench
    Dips
    Skullcrushers

    or

    Rope pulldowns
    One arm overhead extensions
    Tricep pushdowns

    If you can tell me which one and why, then you know more than you are letting on

  9. #9
    S.P.G's Avatar
    S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    uk/ south east
    Posts
    4,538
    im down with that ^^^^^^^GUNN

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •