lzicc is offline Senior Member

Cardio after lifting question

I started to cardio right after weight lifting. I do about 20 minutes. Not so much for fat loss but for my cv. My question is, should I take my pwo right after lifting and then do cardio or should I wait until I am done with the cardio? Or does it not matter since I am doing so little cardio?

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    I started to cardio right after weight lifting. I do about 20 minutes. Not so much for fat loss but for my cv. My question is, should I take my pwo right after lifting and then do cardio or should I wait until I am done with the cardio? Or does it not matter since I am doing so little cardio?
    A lot of people take it after the weights if they are then going to do cardio. That protects the muscle, otherwise too much time will pass and the muscles will not get the nutrients they need. If you are only doing a little cardio then it shouldn't have too much of an adverse effect, but otherwise AM cardio is best, with weights later in the day or even cardio on a separate day.

Both at once is usually not recommended even though a lot of people seem to do it. However, like you said, if you are only doing 20 minutes go for it. You could even leave the pwo until after since it is such a short amount of time. Within 30 minutes and you are alright.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    on the ball bro.^^^^

Thread Information