Romeoguy62 is offline Associate Member

How bad is a 2-3 week break?

Recently some family/work issues have caused me to miss my regular gym visits and stray from my diet. I was wondering how detrimental it was to my body? I have gained about 4-5lbs, most likely all fat. I was coming to the end of a bulk and am going to begin cutting either this week or the next, just depends on my Clen 's arrival. So did I fvck up bad, or am I alright. Thanks!

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    Sometimes a break is good for some hard training but falling off from the diet isn't good...just bounce back and keep moving because you can't turn back now...youll be fine!! good luck

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i think 2 weeks off is beneficial for your body to recover fully from hard training

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeoguy62
    Recently some family/work issues have caused me to miss my regular gym visits and stray from my diet. I was wondering how detrimental it was to my body? I have gained about 4-5lbs, most likely all fat. I was coming to the end of a bulk and am going to begin cutting either this week or the next, just depends on my Clen's arrival. So did I fvck up bad, or am I alright. Thanks!
    Its just a minor blip, you can already get back on track. 4-5lbs is nothing, you could cut that in a few weeks, and if you were almost done with your bulking, you shouldn't have lost much. Its cool

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Keep your diet in check during your down time from the gym, it is good to take a couple weeks off every few months or so, IMO.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    That weight will come off in no time, probably a lot of water gain anyways if you haven't been watching your diet close either. Just like long vacation, most people just enjoy vacations and don't worry much about workouts or diets and then when they get back then go back to the normal routine. Often times a couple weeks off will give you just the break you need and you may see some good results in your next couple weeks back. If you have had more than 2 weeks off though just be sure to take it easy enough comming back so that you don't overdo it.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    iv just had week of over xmass.... feel real good for it surprisingly strong, started back monday..and loving it....

Thread Information