diamonds is offline Banned

Work smarter, not harder

Not to bitch, but lately I have seen a lot of people posting routines and wanting them critiqued. It seems that MOST of these people aren't doing any research before they post a routine for opinions! Seems that all the good advice goes in one ear and out the other. You need to fully understand how the muscle is worked by each exercise so that you do not over-work the muscle with exercises that are intended to do the same thing!
    Obviously most of the opinions in this forum are that flyes are pretty much useless for a mass builder, so why do people keep throwing them in their routines? Also, whats with all the tricep pushdowns. They do work but I believe there are much better exercises to do for triceps.
    Take a look around at the gym. See all the people that have been lifting for the past two years and haven't made any gains? Look closer, look at the exercises that they are doing. Those are all the exercises that are in your routine. Too many people try to be the cool guy doing an exercise that no one has ever seen with weights that even the BIG boys wouldn't use, or doing 25 sets for triceps and 20 sets for chest in the same day!!! I love people watching in the gym and laughing at all the funny shit people do. Sometimes I wonder where the hell they read about the exercises. You would think the trainers in the gym would walk around and ask people what the fvck they are trying to do.
    My basic point is...if you want a critique on your routine do some research before you post one that is full of Flyes, pushdowns, kickbacks, crossovers, leg extensions and bent over DB rows!
    Follow that advice and you'll be the BIG guy in the gym that everyone talks about..."man all that guy does is is like 3 exercises when he's here and he's huge!, he's gotta be on steroids man."
    Just my 2 cents

Flexor is offline Banned
    OH MAN, you just took the words right out my mouth

I totally agree with you bro, since I am usually the one that is spouting the advice and nobody is listening

I can't remember asking a question on AR, because I always do my own research, that is why I know so much

There is no substitute for learning for yourself, it tells you the reasons why something is the right thing to do..

Good post dude, thanks.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Yeh no doubt bro, agree with you totally!

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    I always see people doing endless sets of curls and pushdowns and crap and they never get bigger, they dont seem to realise if they did less exercises and stuck to compounds theyd get a lot more out of it!

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    I always see people doing endless sets of curls and pushdowns and crap and they never get bigger, they dont seem to realise if they did less exercises and stuck to compounds theyd get a lot more out of it!
    Yeah, I agree. I get tired of telling people about compound exercise, they just love their preacher curls for example. Not realising close grip overhand chins are FAR superior as a brachialis/brachioradialis/long bicep head execise..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Hence the reasons for my sticky posts atop the page.

Hopefully more people will read those before they come up w/a plan of attack.

You know, learn from those who have been down the road you just merged on to.

~SC~

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    You know, learn from those who have been down the road you just merged on to.~SC~
    This line fits well with your billboard graphic seeing as it appears to be hugging the side of a highway !

Yeah...I'm not saying I know it all, but you guys (especially Flexor, Swole and Pinnacle) take the time to critique people's routines then they just change 1 thing and re-post it. I admit I posted my routine, but I spent a lot of time developing it and it got overall good reviews. Granted there are some people who can get away with doing all the "useless" exercises....but to me that all comes down to genetics. Those few percentage of people could be stacked with no lifting at all

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by diamonds
    Yeah...I'm not saying I know it all, but you guys (especially Flexor) take the time to critique people's routines then they just change 1 thing and re-post it. I admit I posted my routine, but I spent a lot of time developing it and it got overall good reviews. Granted there are some people who can get away with doing all the "useless" exercises....but to me that all comes down to genetics. Those few percentage of people could be stacked with no lifting at all
    Thanks for that bro

You know what you are doing dude, it is always nice to critique a split that someone has obviously put a lot of work into researching. I agree on the useless exercises, some people can get away with it. I personally have to stick to what I know has been proven scientifically since I am lightly boned, and it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    This line fits well with your billboard graphic seeing as it appears to be hugging the side of a highway !
    Very true, I never thought of that, .

~SC~

Come on now, u know tricep kickbacks are a major tricep meat builder!!

~SC~

Flexor is offline Banned
    Come on now, u know tricep kickbacks are a major tricep meat builder!!

~SC~
    I see you read his post too, we had a little joke about those kickbacks. Diamonds has never done them though, he knows deep down that they are for losers

Kickbacks, perhaps the most laughable exercise ever invented.

OUCH! that hurt man. LOL
    My triceps are enormous. Now if I could only get my biceps to keep up!

sputnik is offline Banned
    NO NO NO, the best exercise ever is 1-arm standing flyes whilst talking on the mobile with ur other hand

I've seen people actually doing that, man, wtf....

~SC~

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Not to bitch, but lately I have seen a lot of people posting routines and wanting them critiqued. It seems that MOST of these people aren't doing any research before they post a routine for opinions! Seems that all the good advice goes in one ear and out the other. You need to fully understand how the muscle is worked by each exercise so that you do not over-work the muscle with exercises that are intended to do the same thing!
    Obviously most of the opinions in this forum are that flyes are pretty much useless for a mass builder, so why do people keep throwing them in their routines? Also, whats with all the tricep pushdowns. They do work but I believe there are much better exercises to do for triceps.
    Take a look around at the gym. See all the people that have been lifting for the past two years and haven't made any gains? Look closer, look at the exercises that they are doing. Those are all the exercises that are in your routine. Too many people try to be the cool guy doing an exercise that no one has ever seen with weights that even the BIG boys wouldn't use, or doing 25 sets for triceps and 20 sets for chest in the same day!!! I love people watching in the gym and laughing at all the funny shit people do. Sometimes I wonder where the hell they read about the exercises. You would think the trainers in the gym would walk around and ask people what the fvck they are trying to do.
    My basic point is...if you want a critique on your routine do some research before you post one that is full of Flyes, pushdowns, kickbacks, crossovers, leg extensions and bent over DB rows!
    Follow that advice and you'll be the BIG guy in the gym that everyone talks about..."man all that guy does is is like 3 exercises when he's here and he's huge!, he's gotta be on steroids man."
    Just my 2 cents
    thats a big AGREE for me...

I've seen people actually doing that, man, wtf....

~SC~
    LOL ^^^

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Sometimes i think it would be good if the stickys were in the active posts.

Then we could just bump them, people would take more notice of them.

I feel the stickys get ignored way to much....

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    Sometimes i think it would be good if the stickys were in the active posts.

Then we could just bump them, people would take more notice of them.

I feel the stickys get ignored way to much....
    Yeah, because they never move or seem to change, I think people overlook them when they shouldn't. Interesting idea, don't know if it would work

LMAO.....here's a better idea...
    people should have to pass a test before they are allowed to post in the forum..lol It would be a standard aptitude test to test your basic knowledge of terminology and lifting techniques. Also, it would be mandatory to post an example workout routine to qualify for acceptance. LOL
    depending on your test score, you would only have access to certain areas of this forum. Kinda like having a kiddie pool!

I've come to realize that almost any program can be an excellent program for the right person. Everybody is different, and the only way to find out what works for you is through experience and trial and error. Arnold Scwarzenegger responded off high volume programs that would do nothing for most people, but it worked for him. Dorian Yates or Mike Mentzer had the heavy duty training priciples, get in, work the muscle enough to push some fibers and get out. So there isnt one program thats good or bad in a sense, it's the person who is good or bad for that program. I think more people need to focus on nutrition and dietary supplementation more, now you seperate the men from the boys.

Flexor is offline Banned
    LMAO.....here's a better idea...
    people should have to pass a test before they are allowed to post in the forum..lol It would be a standard aptitude test to test your basic knowledge of terminology and lifting techniques. Also, it would be mandatory to post an example workout routine to qualify for acceptance. LOL
    depending on your test score, you would only have access to certain areas of this forum. Kinda like having a kiddie pool!
    Great idea. It would stop people asking for critique when they haven't even bothered to read other people's splits for inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    I've come to realize that almost any program can be an excellent program for the right person. Everybody is different, and the only way to find out what works for you is through experience and trial and error. Arnold Scwarzenegger responded off high volume programs that would do nothing for most people, but it worked for him. Dorian Yates or Mike Mentzer had the heavy duty training priciples, get in, work the muscle enough to push some fibers and get out. So there isnt one program thats good or bad in a sense, it's the person who is good or bad for that program. I think more people need to focus on nutrition and dietary supplementation more, now you seperate the men from the boys.
    Well when you are on as much gear as they were, any program will work; it just comes down to preference. It would be nice if we all had 3 personal coaches and access to all the supplements in the world along with all the gear and a cook to fix every meal.

Thread Information